Entertainment & Music ferris bueller, pop corn and mischief

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Sackie, 4th Apr, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Recently a group of very close friends ( 2 from primary and high school days , 2 from uni) and myself so 5 of us decided to have some old school childish fun. omg i wish we'd done it sooner. A slumber partly haha.. 5 of us in 1 room with ferris bueller's day off, American Pie and the Goonies. Reminiscing of the mischief/adventures/crazy sheet we all got ( and get) up to with lots of laughs while we guzzled down salty pop corn and cheap creaming soda till 5am. Haven't had so much light hearted fun in ageous and brought back so many memories . Also felt like a kid again..with no worries in the world. Cost for night about $30.

Anyone do anything similar that took them back to a time more simple and free?

Propagate, KateSydney and Blueskies like this.
  2. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

Love it! Used to do that back in my 20's, small group of us once a month playing 4 player Golden Eye through the night on the N64 split screen on an old 40" rear projection TV (back when that was absolutely mammoth!).

Most of them drifted away of the years, moved away, married off and had kids and no time for anything else.

Then I moved country, best thing I ever did in so many ways and have made some amazing friends here but you'll never get the friendships you had that were forged as a youngster. I miss my old mates heaps, (having said that it's possibly a slightly romanticized view too, it was a period of time in a specific place at a point in my life that was just simply nice).

Soul2088 and Sackie like this.
  3. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Similar story here.

@Sackie you're so lucky to be able to do that. To be so close to old childhood friends is priceless.

Nice post!

Propagate and Sackie like this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Cheers @hammer

Yeah feel pretty lucky. I wish my overseas best friends could be here too but can't have it all. Hoping to plan a road trip in the near future. That would be off the charts fun! :)

5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Ha! memories. we used to do very similar with the Bond game . Doom was one of my early favorites back then .

Propagate likes this.
  6. inertia

inertia Well-Known Member

sort of kinda. I think I get the same nostalgia and "simple fun" experience from camping. Cheap, basic, simple. Last weekend was a "dads and kids" bike camping trip - 8 dads and 20 kids. It was pretty epic. Rain, wind, cold, sun, water, no screens!

Cheers,
    Inertia

Sackie likes this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Sounds like alot of fun!