Fencing

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by Nikolina, 20th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nikolina

Nikolina Active Member

Hi all,

Neighbour wants to get a new colourbond fence which i have no problems with. I suggested we get double sidded sheeting so we can both get our colour preference. She had someone out for a quote and they said if we got double sidded sheeting they could not offer their 6 yr warranty as having double sidded sheeting creates moistire being trapped between the fencing pannels , being unable to drain properly and it will compramise the life of the fence. I had a guy come out who said hes never heard of this happening. Had anyone heard of this happening?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@Nikolina - Spray one side the desired colour - will be a lot cheaper than second sheet.

Can't say that I have heard of condensation being an issue however a phone call to the local Lysaghts rep will solve that problem. Having looked at the details for the installation, if the sheets are in contact with eachother, then it is possible that water will get between the sheets & may cause premature failure however, the capping piece should prevent water getting in the gap in the first place.

A bead of silicone top and bottom and at sheet joints will prevent that issue as well.

LINKY

Last edited: 20th Dec, 2017
    kierank likes this.
  3. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

Surely out of all the colors available both can decide on one.

Shale Grey seems the go atm, neutral, should stand the test of time.

If concerns of dogs getting under the gap, place treated pine, wire or similar between the posts before installing the lower rail, or dig it in later.

[​IMG]

4. LifesGood

LifesGood Well-Known Member

You can actually get matching colorbond plinths to go in the bottom.

5. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

Yep, but not cheap for something rarely noticeable, unless slopping block, but if wanted that look could get used or seconds sheets, (fencing, roof/patio sheets etc) and cut them to suit