Fence damage from tree

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by mikey7, 3rd Sep, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Got a call from PM today, saying they received a letter from the neighbours of one of my properties, stating that one of the trees in my backyard are causing damage to the fence.

The PM is going out to do a routine check in a couple of weeks, and said they'll have a look at this too.

The fence is near 30 years old, and super weathered as can be seen in the pics.

I really don't want to spend the money fixing it, when really there isn't too much damage yet. I'd rather just wait until it's completely stuffed, and put up a colour bond fence (obviously trying to go halves with the neighbour - but I have 4 neighbours sharing a fence with my property.

What are your thoughts? What would you do?

Mike

Attached Files:

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Fence would appear to be in reasonable nick, probably get a handyman to cut/replace a few palings.

3. Ricki barkham

Ricki barkham Well-Known Member

Is it you tree causing damage or neighbours. If neighbours tree they have full cost of fixing fence

4. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

That's what I thought based on the pictures (supplied by the neighbour).

Pics are taken by the neighbour, from their side.

5. Ricki barkham

Ricki barkham Well-Known Member

Probably have 2 choises.
    Get your pm to have a look amd get them to organise a handyman to do a quote
    Or depending on how much that comes back at see how much your landlords excess is amd put the how pannel and any other dammage to that fence as a insurance job.

But you could argue that the pailing.that have come off where pushed off from his.side and.there for he is.reaomsible to fix it.