Fence Colours

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by stumpie, 14th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. stumpie

stumpie Well-Known Member

Hi all

I need to replace a fence with a new colour bond one soon, wondering if people have used the same colour for the capping as the sheets or do you use a different colour?

I've got a rendered finished to the exterior walls they are currently surf mist for the roof, dulux tranquil retreat with dulux woodland grey window frames. I was thinking to use colour bond summer shade for the fence sheets and tea tree for the capping.

Summershade is a nice neutral colour but have only seen tea tree on screen wondering what you guys think is tea tree a greyish or brownish colour? and is using a different colour for the capping still trendy?

2. vtt

vtt Well-Known Member

Using a different colour for the capping is really 1980s (IMHO) and reminds me of mass housing estates. If that's the look you're going for then go for it

In my opinion a fence that is all one colour looks a lot better. Stick with something neutral that complements the colours of the house.

Good luck!
    vtt
    :D

3. Hanison

Hanison Well-Known Member

Fence structure same colour as body of house
    Fence in fills same colour as windows trims

A non complimentary fence to house colour scheme looks confused.

4. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

And remember the neighbour has to agree

5. stumpie

After having another look at the colorbond fence colours Summershade looks green whereas my walls are a light grey. Teatree appears to be grey on screen but it will be darker than the tranquil retreat walls i've got. i like the Terrace colour d oyou think it will clash with the light grey?

6. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

You should be able to get colorbond metal color samples (all chained together like laminex samples) from your supplier to take home and select from.

[​IMG]

7. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

summershade or woodland grey for the fencing would probably both work. definitely use the same colour for capping, colorbond fencing is not something you want to highlight and contrasting capping would do exactly that.

i used woodland grey on this project as i wanted to provide a bit of contrast and depth as the house and paving was pretty neutral. was happy with the result

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-maylands-110592365

larrylarry and WattleIdo like this.
  8. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Beautiful house ! You did a great job Sanj.
    My preference would be woodland grey too. The darker it is, the more discreet.

9. Pistonbroke

Pistonbroke Well-Known Member

I am quite partial to mission brown or khaki.

10. sanj

thanks, it was a fun project. looking back i do wish i had staged it a bit better, this is the only sale i havent professionally staged in years because i was living in it but i think i did a decent job, even if it wasnt great.

the house itself i was pretty happy with, a big improvement on what was there before.

11. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

The glass doors are v nice. Glad you didn't remove the patio fencing (balustrade?). Wondered whether you'd staged with that great art work. Well done. So you reno'd while you lived there?

12. sanj

Thanks! I moved in at settlement and then moved out during renos and back in after. Got most of the work on the rear and side done during the reno too.

This was a project for someone else so I rented off them.

WattleIdo likes this.
  13. stumpie

@sanj

the light coloured walls and darker shade of the fence really works, great choice.

14. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

@stumpie
    Have you got a photo of the property to get an idea of colours?

15. stumpie

@HD_ACE
    The villas are still being built but the neighbour has sold his property and would like the fence up for his settlement.