Feedback on Duplex Plans

Discussion in 'Development' started by Beachsnow, 27th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Beachsnow

Beachsnow Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone could make some comment on anything that may improve the value or the buyers appeal for based on the attached plans.

I picked up this deal based on failed finance of another investor. I'm not interested to make any major changes, just anything that sticks out that might be a simple variation as I want to pump this one out pretty quickly. Do you think its worth putting an island bench in the 2 bed dwelling? Doesn't seem to be much bench space.

BTW the site is not in tweed heads as the plan states.
    Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I know nothing of the market there or stock you need to build but my first stop (before buying anything) would be to look at comparable sales in the area to see what style/design/specs are appropriate. No use putting in a 50k kitchen if the accepted norm for the stock you plan to build is say 25k. I would really have a look at comparable sales, talk to agents in the area and then put a list of items you will need to include to get the best return. Hope you did some feasibility before buying the deal.

3. Beachsnow

Yes feso all done, agents written valuations are 26% above TDC.
    I'm happy with the product spec and potential, more just looking for minor tweaks to improve layout

4. Bryn

Bryn Member

does the aux dwelling have any windows?

5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Please make sure you are sure about those vals. I'd be extra cautious if someone finance has already fallen over

Minor tweaks I'd suggest - note I don't know the end vals or spec levels of wherever it is

Aux unit
    - remove linen from kitchen and put fridge at one end and pantry at other end, centre oven.
    - put kitchen linen into the fridge/pantry spot or move laundry inside to that location
    - consider the island like you were thinking
    - consider skylight for bathroom

Main Dwelling
    - you could put a double vanity in that ensuite
    - consider skylight for bathroom
    - linen in the family room is pretty awkward but I can't really suggest a better place
    - be careful with window placement in the master bedroom - make sure those windows allow a bed to be placed underneath one (ie highlite)

hobo likes this.
  6. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Are you retaining or selling?

Are they council approved?

Have you factored in S94 contributions to your feaso?

7. Beachsnow

It has windows in the elevation, not clearly shown in this plan

8. Beachsnow

Yes all approved and S94 accounted for. Will probably sell rather than retain.

Archaon likes this.
  9. Beachsnow

Great suggestions and ideas. Didn't really notice the bathroom had no natural light, thanks for the input :)

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice