Feasibility for apartment development, min setbacks etc

Discussion in 'Development' started by snita, 11th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. snita

snita Member

Hi all, I’m interested in a block of land In nsw which currently has a house on it but is zoned b3 commercial core and can have residential (shop top) up to 18m. Trying to figure out feasibility of putting apartments on and how many would be allowed given min setbacks etc. I’ve done some reading on the apartment building guide and min setbacks from boundary seem to be 6m under four stories and 9m above (for habitable windows and balconies, 3m and 4.5 for non). Issue being the block is only 13.5m wide so from my (hopefully wrong) interpretation that would only leave 1.5m to build on, and negative space above 4 floors. Who would be the best person/people to speak to (architect? Town planner? Engineer? Surveyor?) to get a very quick and rough confirmation around what can or can’t be done as this obviously affects the decision to buy or not? And what would be the process for them, is it something they might be able to tell me quickly or would I need to hire someone to do a feasibility study or similar?
    Many thanks all!