Food & Dining Farmers markets?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Bran, 25th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

We had one locally once a month for 2 years but it died off When it started there was plenty of local vegetables, local meat , local wine etc but they gradually stopped coming and we ended up with a very limited offering which meant people stopped going. So this year it has been cancelled

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Our local weekly markets died after several years: neighbours objections to noise (music), loading dock was near dwellings, early start (earlier for merchants), lack of variety (scale was too small due to noise restrictions), too much competition (4 or 5 other markets in the area).

Traffic wasn't a big concern - only on street parking available (impacted on the Happy Clappy church who also trade Sundays).

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We would probably head there to get fruit and veg (depending on quality and price). Can we park in your driveway? :p

I think it would be a good thing if it is done well. I'd also be asking for an 8am start if the set up is going to be noisy. I wonder if the locals would have a say in starting times?

Parking around there is not really easy, is it for such a venture? With not much nearby parking on Logan road, everyone would be parking out the side streets. But if it finishes at 1pm Sundays, the benefits could well outweigh the slight nuisance factor.

Hubby sometimes heads to Mount Gravatt showgrounds to the markets. I stay in bed.

4. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I took particular notice today. Our street is parked out anyway. It doesn't bother us as we have off-street parking (x3), but also my street parked car is small enough to fit in a little gap that no one uses. So, a few more cars will make little difference. I don't mind the pedestrian traffic, and at some stage our front will be built in anyway, and sooner if the area becomes more desirable