Fake deposit? Legal?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by hammer, 3rd Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

The thing is that everybody else - who's not willing to engage in fraud - pays "as much as the law says they have to pay". Why do you get to decide what level you should pay, and that it should be different than what everybody else should pay?

Rugrat and Propertunity like this.
  2. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

First off, I don't engage in Fraud and never have done. Every person with half a brain tries to pay as little tax as they can. I shared a point of view and a story about people I know. Every body pays a different amount of tax, it's based on your personal situation.

3. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Yeah pending a bank valuation on the piggie bank. They need to make sure its structurally sound, has 4 legs, is pink and that the slit allows for easy coin placement but not removal.

4. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I could interrupt this a completely different way, unless that is what you are trying to imply.

5. Johann_

Johann_ Well-Known Member

I had a person who approached me to do a deal like this for him. I declined to even touch it... Any head that NAB are charging him for fraud.
    No short cuts.. in business.

6. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha OMG I just read that back!! Was not my intention at all, bet your mind out the gutter Will!

7. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

I was going to make a comment about how it sounds like my better half but I would be lying.

8. Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker Well-Known Member

I had someone ask me to look for properties for them to do this with. The guy at a big 4 bank was facilitating it for his business clients as a way to get them "business loans" at residential rates. They had a valuer on board with it and all.
    I was offered a handsome remuneration $20K -$40K per property depending on the property value. I ran a mile.

Illegal? Yes. It is fraud.

9. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

I have not read this thread but here are a few points i have collected:
    -- This is Money laundering, whether intentional or not and will result in jail time for both parties
    -- Enforceability - you would run the risk of them not paying and then how do you enforce your illegal contract?
    -- Where are you going to put $100k? If you put it in the bank it will be reported on AUSTRAC immediately. ATO and AFP will have a record as will ASIO.
    -- Who are you proposing to collect the $100k cash at settlement? I am sure the conveyancer wouldn't want to walk back to their office with it. It takes a while to count $100k too. Will you take a cash counting machine? Will the 2 other parties at the settlement, the banks, report you to authorities.
    -- If they don't have the cash at setltement what will you do. If you don't settle they may sue you. They will have a contract with the lower price on it.

10. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

One appraisal with three different comparables. The appraisal will give one figure based on those comparables.

11. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Feel like an afternoon at the track?

12. big max

big max Well-Known Member

Some of the most succeeding property investors of al time have build empires with creative financing ...