Facebook

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by skater, 20th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Can I ask where you display these?

I spent half a day shopping for dinosaurs with my daughter, a teacher, doing the walker learning.... dinosaur theme....

It was fun.... hope the kids appreciate this. We also colored rice

3. jaybean

Just around my office. The problem I have is 90% of dinosaur figures are designed for kids. Very few of them feature realistic depictions of them based on the latest scientific evidence. Most are exaggerated cartoons or based on Jurassic Park.

Here's my favorite:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 21st Apr, 2021
    MTR likes this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

If you enjoy who cares....This is great
    Kids would absolutely love this

Great hobbie

is this expensive

5. jaybean

Yeah the prehistoric world absolutely blows my mind. Love it.

MTR likes this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Did you hear new research about T rex, hunted in packs, like wolves, imagine this

7. jaybean

Yup amazing. It's interesting you mention wolves because there are so many analogues with present day nature (i.e. birds) and it makes sense - the attributes that allowed them to thrive for so long are the same attributes that have allowed modern descendants to persist.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Long life foods or non-perishables when they're on sale for a 50%+ discount.

Once ended up with ~50 of my favourite toothbrush in reserve, took me years to get through it.

9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Omg on the toothbrushes!

I've just thought of another thing.
    Dance costumes.
    I started looking on FB marketplace, people want to clear out their dance costumes after their performance. I started buying some, for aerial tissue, pole, unicycling around in. But then I also started wearing some for just going out (eg. Luna Park, theatre, gardens) and canyoning! And I'll ask my (female) riding and canyoning buddies if they also want to wear one.... 20210313_161104.jpg 20210124_150324.jpg 20210124_112318.jpg FB_IMG_1615374812999.jpg FB_IMG_1615276745296.jpg received_895428481297541.jpeg received_690027444954763.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
    Shazz@ likes this.
  10. skater

skater Well-Known Member

LOL! You are a strange one, @Gockie :p. That's a compliment, BTW. Reminds me of when I was fundraising for the skating club when I was young 20's. We were selling raffle tickets while at a parade. I went into the local pub, dressed in full (skimpy) competition attire. I sold the most tickets by a mile. :D

dabbler, Sackie and Gockie like this.
  11. Gockie

Good on you. And I own the term "Quirky"! If you take up unicycling age 40 or over, you are probably quirky :)

To add to it, I now have a spinning dance pole at home too... (mentioned on this site already) :)

Last edited: 22nd Apr, 2021
    skater likes this.
  12. Hebro

Hebro Well-Known Member

bromeliads, or plants

13. Gockie

Small Facebook rant. I wanted to update some personal details “political” and “religious” views (I went with “Science” for both and encouraging people to get vaccinated for political view) but now Facebook didn’t like what I had previously written for gender so it wouldn’t save.

Anyway, for gender, you can’t leave it blank, and you can’t just put in “human” or “person” or “Cat”. I didn’t want to put my actual gender on it since you get ads targeted due to your age and gender and that’s very annoying to me. So now I have gone with gender: “Other” and chose “Two-spirit person”. I wonder what effect that will have on Facebook ad targeting….

Last edited: 30th Aug, 2021
  14. skater

skater Well-Known Member

You can't get rid of all adds on Facebook, but you can reduce them. In your settings there's a part that asks for your interests. I selected 'no' for every one of them. Every add that comes up in my feed, I select 'hide add' and then there's usually another box that comes up that says 'hide all from xyz' and I select that as well. It's a slow process, but I am getting fewer adds over time.

Shazz@, Lizzie, wylie and 1 other person like this.
  15. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Go back, put houses, 60's era sport cars and 1kg gold bars....lol....and then add quality shovels to hide your stash of gold.

16. dabbler

Not really...hella cheaper than some traditional options !

craigc likes this.
  17. dabbler

At least spinning around on your pole at home, if you break something or damage yourself, you can try and hide your quirks.....do not fall of one of them rocks with a weird costume on, they may leave you there ! lol ... maybe scared you may bite them or something....

Are you planning a new career ??? .. he he

18. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

19. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

That'll get appealed & clarified - it'll probably mean both the publisher & the writer will be jointly liable.

SatayKing likes this.
  20. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

It was a High Court decision. I reckon it could get pretty torrid such as when those "friendly" local neighbourhood Facebook or other social media sites go to custard. Who knows where it will go?