Facebook Rental horror stories

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Tony Fleming, 29th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

I am clever enough to not open that page to begin with... I admit.. that reading comments on facebook is a bad habit of mine! RESIST THE URGE!

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

The only facebook content worth reading the comments is the HONY page. But they have recently been covering stories on Syrian refugees coming to the USA. The comments are 99% supportive of the refugees. But if the content is shared beyond the HONY fan base, the comments turn negative to a large degree.
    Different mindsets and beliefs....

legallyblonde and Bran like this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

The mere threat from the lessor to divert the running of the bulls through the hallway is generally sufficient to achieve a favourable rent review.

4. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

No the rent doesn't increase. In 9 years in Switzerland it was only was increased once by 60 chf/month (the reason given was increased heating costs), & when interest rates go down there the tenant has a right to ask for a rent decrease. In Spain an owner cannot without a lot of difficulty (regardless of lease) ask a paying tenant to leave within 5 years. Also I have never had a rental property inspection in Europe (UK, Swiss, Spain rentals.).

5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Hmmm.... sounds like being the landlord in these countries might suck....

6. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

I can't stop reading them they are a real eye opener to how people perceive us. I worked 68 hours last week and will do 72hours this week, these people probably sit on the dole and waste it on crap. Any time a tenant has a request I do it. I treat them like my boss. I once had a property with the fans stopped working. Went straight to Kmart and bought them three fans for each room and lounge room and dropped them off after work as the electrician couldn't get there for another two days.

Adele, HUGH72, Angel and 2 others like this.
  7. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

@The Dark Knight
    ... What do you say... They're all ****ed in the head!
    It's crazy the stuff they say and believe.
    Mindset is in the gutter and they're all hard done by
    Hard but to comment but significantly out numbered by oxygen theives

Is disgusting that the greens are behind such trash. Very unpolitical and just encouraging hate towards LL's. Potential terror threat, I did report the event to Facebook for hate speech lol

Tony Fleming likes this.
  8. 733

733 Well-Known Member

: 3349"]Did you read this comment on there? Made me laugh.

my landlord takes most of my social services payment each fortnight. can this plz be acknowledged as a horror story too? yes we have mould and things that go unfixed and its too hot and too cold and cracks and everything, but the real horror story is the one that leaves me in poverty :( housing needs to be free. this situation in which private property owners makes money from those who don't own property has to come to an end. it places people in poverty, holds them there, makes them sick, sometimes kills people. surely this is the ultimate property horror story?[/QUOTE]
    Amplifies lack of education about basic mechanics of investment and how things work financially Very typical from inter generational welfare recipients with an entitlement mindset ...often limited capacity to problem solve and manage very basic matters expecting LL's to change a conventional light bulb as one example of many...I think that FB site will remain unread by me

Tony Fleming likes this.
  9. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Same here! We figured that if one fan broke down then the others would shortly too. All fans in the house replaced within two days.

Tony Fleming and 733 like this.
  10. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We also move very quickly. Our tenants love having good landlords and in turn I find our tenants to be equally great.

733 likes this.