Express Your Gratitude

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Rixter, 15th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Portfolio Perth Brisbane Sydney Melbourne
    Well worth a read... from a mentor coach - food for thought.

Lack of gratitude.

Yes, if I look back at my own life, all the good things, great people in it, I haven't expressed the type of gratitude I should have.

I really haven't to the level I'd be satisfied with.

What about you?

How would you rate yourself on your ability to express gratitude?

Somehow many of us take way too many things for granted.

Some people take their loved ones for granted.

Some people take their ability to breath for granted.

Some people take their friends for granted.

Some people take their gifts and talents for granted.

And on and on and on.

The easiest and fastest way to be feel down, discouraged, and have a lack of peace of mind is to feel little to no gratitude in your life.

This is the greatest formula for lack of appreciation and lack of joy to ever be created.

"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die, so, let us all be thankful." - Buddha

People search and search for happiness and they'll never find it.

You don't search and find happiness, you awaken to it.

You've had 'it' all along.

You see, we've been sold what's been called the 'race mind', centuries and centuries of mental garbage that's been past on through generations.

You think fear, worry, and doubt is new.

Thousands of years ago books were teaching the people how destructive to joy and happiness those habits are.

Lack of gratitude steals your power.

Lack of gratitude steals your joy.

Imagine if your face didn't allow you to smile today. How would you feel?

Be GRATEFUL for the gift called a 'smile'.

The little things in life that make life enjoyable most people barely acknowledge.

I've been there, so I know 1st hand.

People in your life are a pain in the rear, what's the lesson that you can learn from the situation?

Be grateful for that.

"You cannot be grateful and unhappy at the same time." - Anonymous

"The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Be a creator of mental sunshine. Yes, you.

Gratitude is the precursor to joy, success, and fulfillment.

When is the last time you said, "I appreciate you." to your spouse?

Say it today, - you'll feel great.

You were born to enjoy life and be great.

I don't know if 'this' could be realized to your greatest potential without tapping into the power of gratitude.

Be grateful today.

I'm grateful for you today. I'm grateful you're reading this.

I've been searching for people I could bring value to for 15 years and you and I met. So, thank you for reading this today.

If 'someone' was going to pay you a million dollars by midnight today and all you had to do to get it was say 'Thank you' to 3 people in your life, could you do it? Would you do it?

Well, then DO IT!

Let me recommend a great book and a great gift. The book is called 'Giving Thanks' by M.J. Ryan. It's dynamite. Go to your local bookstore.

M.J. Ryan says "Gratitude creates happiness." I think she's right.

None of us are going to live forever. Don't let your inner music and gratefulness die without being expressed.

You know what happens then? "What?"

Regrets. And nobody wants that!

MTR, Sackie, KMD and 2 others like this.
  2. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

I'm greatful to have met you Rixter xx

MTR and Rixter like this.
  3. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I complained a lot. But at any point, I am also grateful about where I am and how I get here. It's been through the help of a lot of people, and here in PChat too. So thank you all :)

Rixter and Charlotte30 like this.
  4. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Thanks Rixter! Always enjoy your posts...

Rixter likes this.
  5. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Rixter
    My little girl, almost 12 now, has been through a lot this year, she has some illness which they misdiagnosed as cancer and has spent time in and out of hospitals, has had biopsies done in her spine which were very painful. She has endured a lot for a little girl.

She has printed a sign on her wall which reads
    “I am thankful for my struggle because without it, I wouldn't have stumbled upon my strength.”

she tells me often how much this year has taught her - taught all of us about life, about what is important and about how so many things that we judge as important, are not actually important - like other people's opinions and things that do not have a direct impact on our life.

I fully agree with gratitude, each day is a gift. I am greatful for being able to work as much as I do, when I thought I had to support my daughter through chemo, I gave up everything, I was not able to continue my business (with me working in it) because supporting her through that would have taken everything I had and more. I am only able to do what I do because it actually was a misdiagnosis, I have healthy children and everything is working out well and for that I am infinitely greatful.

Thanks for this post X

Property Twins, Adele, S0805 and 4 others like this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

OMG Xenia your daughters comments touched me, and she is only 12.

MTR :)

Jennifer Duke, Rixter and Xenia like this.
  7. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Thanks MTR - it was a quote she found that was said by someone else, her room is full of positive quotes.

Jennifer Duke and MTR like this.
  8. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Portfolio Perth Brisbane Sydney Melbourne
    Xenia, no thank you for sharing..

I am very glad everything has turned out well for her. I am a believer that everything happens for a reason, as is once again proven in your daughter's journey. You and your husband are remarkable role models for her and siblings.

Xenia likes this.
  9. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

That's so much for a little girl and I'm happy to hear it's not cancer. Wow.

That quote is so inspiring, she's so much wiser than I was in my twenties and all I was dealing with was an end-of-the-world breakup :)

Xenia likes this.
  10. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

It's hard to be grateful sometimes, even though I should be.