Exit the Matrix

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Brian84, 19th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

It would be funny if someone put some googly eyes on it - oh wait...

MTR likes this.
  2. Taku Ekanayake

Taku Ekanayake Well-Known Member

Haha I let the team down.. I'll be honest, I got through about a third of the way and haven't looked into it again. It's not too bad for beginners, as it's very basic.
    First part is his and Daniel's story, then it's very much focused about looking at your current situation, where you want to be in a certain time frame, and all the goals you want to hit. The book asks you to write all this down and create a plan to hit these targets. It's more an activity book with a promotional aspect to it.
    It may suit someone that has no direction at all and needs some push to write down their goals down.
    I think the book is $10-$15 from memory.

JenW likes this.
  3. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking one for the team Taku :p

4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Can I not buy the book and just say I did, then brag about how I have renovated it from soft cover to hard cover and made it worth 100k more and I am renting the book out for 10% yield?

Hopefully nobody spots the book in unpurchased unrenovated state for sale a couple of years later online...

hobo, Azazel and Terry_w like this.
  5. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Or just on sell it to one of your clients.

6. Mr Dabolina

Mr Dabolina Well-Known Member

I downloaded the e-book ( I thin it was $6 or something) and you are right @Taku Ekanayake Its an activity book that would be good for beginners and assist with setting goal but in addition, it is quite a good marketing tool for their business as well.

7. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Sounds like they have a good plan get out to get customers in. Majority of people here would have no interest in the book and find it useless, but majority of people here are also unlikely to use their services. They're chasing the novices that wasn't too keep up with the Joneses and "buy an ip" with dreams of 10, but likely to never eventuate. and to talk about how expensive property is with their mates as usual and spending 10k with da matrix man was awesome

8. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Plus a 10k BA fee.

9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

My colleagues know I'm into property investment. So the topic comes up in conversation at lunch and it turns out, some of my colleagues have a positive impression of Nathan by watching TV. None of them realise the bad businesses (Property agency and Buyers agency) he has created, they just see xxx number of properties....

I said that Nathan is dodgy because of his businesses and whatnot... they don't realise that his ethics are that bad... but still, they think he's really good....

10. Taku Ekanayake

Taku Ekanayake Well-Known Member

Hey @Gockie,
    In my opinion, I think Nathan comes across really well and charismatic on he's YouTube clips etc. From a content perspective, he is one of the most active on social media and he has a great story, hence his success in building his business and attracting a lot of the millenials.
    I'd be interested to know, why you think his ethics are bad?

11. Gockie

Plenty of info on this forum and on Somersoft...

12. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

At the end of the day people pay for a service and they get that service. If people are happy to stupidly keeping paying 10k fees to get properties sourced for them that's there fault. If some muppet offered me $10k to find a decent property for them I would do it.

jefn89, Xenia, MTR and 3 others like this.
  13. Gockie

Hmmm... I could do property research all day long... find good buys in my spare time for other people if they pay me something like 10k.... and do Airbnb'ing as my other income.... 4 good Airbnb's can provide income replacement....

That's not a bad old "pull the trigger" plan...

I can do it either from Sydney or move to my beautiful Brisbane IP and do all that from up there...
    #dreams....

14. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I like your sales pitch, where do I sign?

Taku Ekanayake likes this.
  15. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

There are a couple of BA's in Adelaide who have closed down/no longer actively doing BA work because "there is no demand for BA work in SA".

I checked their websites and they were typically charging a MINIMUM of $9900 for any engagement. Some would also only source in 1-2 suburbs for their $10k and would not consider briefs outside these areas, which seems very blinkered/lazy to me. Given Adelaide's substantially lower price point for housing, especially in the higher yielding investment bracket, of course they had no demand. Very few people would pay $10k on a house worth 250-350k, and those occasional few that did, I am sure they were happy to take their money.

In almost any market there is a demand for BA services (KFC aside), where its priced reasonably and is commesurate with the property value, and where the BA is not lazy or a tick and flick churn house and will take on brief's according to the clients requirements and preferred areas.

D.T. likes this.
  16. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

i really liked nathan's videos on those burnt houses etc. wonder if he still comes to post like 6-7 years ago in sommersoft days.

MTR and Brian84 like this.
  17. the world is your oyster

the world is your oyster Well-Known Member

Hey guys I have read the book and found it great value for the price $6 for a PDF version come on that's pocket money it was great to read about how daniel and Nathan have built their empire and the goal setting is awesome but only as good as you make it and how much you apply it goals are great but with taking no action there only a wish and I seriously think both dan and nath are active property investors who pull the trigger and take action
    I don't know the guys personally but I take my hat of to them for making something for their selfs in today's day and age not with silver spoons in their mouths they are on the way to finiancial freedom something I think we are all striving for .
    I have read lots of bad reviews of these guys on this thread which has made me think maybe they aren't all their cracked up to be but something I have learnt is you need to do your own due diligence guys and not rely fully on the information of a BA they can be great and they can be not so great.
    So I think all in all the book is worth the $6 who cares what everyone's else is saying is you get one single bit of information out of it well it's $6 well spent remember investing is all a journey and knowledge is power to more you know the more power you have
    Cheers guys

Jmuu and Tony Fleming like this.