Exit the Matrix

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by Brian84, 19th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

That is taking the concept of "leg work" very literally but is a very smart strategy. I don't think you can beat time on the ground. I did desktop due diligence on IPs in Melbourne and found a fantastic deal in Heidelberg West. Fantastic until I turned out and found out what the area was really like. I put the entire suburb on my "do not buy" list. Mind you, properties were dirt cheap back then but developments sites are selling for close to $1,000/sqm. Amazing!

2. Investig8

Investig8 Well-Known Member

I had no opinion really until now. The dude messed with one of my favourite movies of all time. F#%#%'er is off my christmas card list for sure.

Don't mess with Neo, EVER! Period, heck, I am the spoon. :eek:o_O:D:p

3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Not to mention the copyright infringement.

4. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

@Perthguy i just figure that if you have travelled to do a wreckie on a location/suburb, you might as well maximise the time you have there. So much can be learned simply from eavesdropping on conversations at cafes, shops, and other public places. You get a real feel for the slcio-economic values and mentality of the people of a place.

Perthguy likes this.
  5. mja

mja Well-Known Member

By giving them out to their clients? :D

Brian84 likes this.
  6. SK Investments

SK Investments Well-Known Member

Wherever the wind takes me, currently Brisbane
    From what I know Nathan was a regular on Somersoft and asked for the opinions of more experienced members along his journey, he has received support and praise for his achievements from forum members.

The Issue people have is with his business model. I looked into using his services and I've had a MAP session with Daniel. I wasn't Impressed by the cookie cutter approach, lack of personalised service and very high fees for a below average product.

Kudos to Nathan for his personal achievements, but experienced forum members here are more than qualified to question his integrity in business.

Greyghost, Brian84 and Perthguy like this.
  7. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you said. I also had a map session and I found it to be a waste of time.

8. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

That's fine completely understand you tried his business and didn't like it did you ask for a refund or give them constructive criticism? Rather than blast them over and over again constantly on a forum. I can understand people saying it was #hit and a waste of money once but write review or topic on it and get over it. The many brokers and buyers agents on here have probably offered #hit service at one point they don't get blasted constantly.

Xenia likes this.
  9. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Respect is earned. He lost it when he left his ethics behind.
    I haven't had any dealings with him, however my brother in law's best mate has.
    That person spoke to me and asked me what to do after he had paid Nathan $10k for his services.

Brief summary:
    1. Gets emailed a link to a property
    2. Calls up Binvested, gets told price has already been negotiated (asking $349, negotiated down to $340).
    3. He goes checks its out, unsure of it. Calls up Binvested, gets through after several attempts. Gets told to just buy it.
    4. Proceeds to buy it, explains who he is and how Binvested put him in touch. Agent denies any negotiated price. Expects full price. Left in the dark.
    5. Calls me to ask for advice, he's unsure and lost at this point.
    6. A few days later, he puts money down on the property, Binvested some how negotiated it down, but only by $6k.

So this guy could have not paid Binvested, paid full price and still been better off.

Also there was nothing special about this listing, it was fully accessible on domain and realestate.

So $10k to be flicked a link and told BS.

Perthguy and Brian84 like this.
  10. Tony Fleming

Well that sucks and is a @rap service. I'm not defending the business. Just more of the constant bitching about him.

11. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

Do you really think they would care if I gave them any constructive criticism. Don't get me wrong the bloke has achieved a lot and I congratulate him on his success but how can I sit here and praise him about the map session when the whole time it was how **** my previous broker was and every question he asked me my answer was wrong. I was there to try and learn something not try and answer questions I didn't know. Anyway I could go on more about it but you have your opinions and I have mine so let's leave it at that.

Tony Fleming likes this.
  12. SK Investments

As Brian mentioned they don't accept criticism, constructive or otherwise. Stef who manages the facebook page will shoot down anyone who tries. If you have such a big problem with people discussing their experiences with or thoughts on Nathan and his businesses you can quite easily just not read the related threads.

Brian84 likes this.
  13. neK

neK Well-Known Member

His money is made from charging "suckers" $10k a pop for a property.

Full marks on making money
    Negative marks for how he does it.

The attitude of "they're going to get ripped off anyway, so it might as well be me who does it" doesn't sit well with me.

I've always laughed at subjects with the word "ethics" in it.
    My belief is that ethics is not something that can be taught, you either have it or you don't. Still waiting to be proven wrong on this one.

Last edited: 4th Nov, 2015
    Jess Peletier, Perthguy and Brian84 like this.
  14. Tony Fleming

Will do. Sorry you lost your money

15. SK Investments

Back to topic, Has anyone here read the book?
    I know one member posted that they had bought the book.

16. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Quilton 18pack 3ply toilet paper is on special this week for $8 if that's what you're after. ;)

SK Investments likes this.
  17. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Sort of get your point but surely when someone like Nathan keeps putting it out there, then he is open to public scrutiny and comment - good or bad.

18. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

Up to the individual on what they deem a self praised best seller.

If it sold 1 copy it is the best seller for 'Enter the matrix' right?

If he sold 10 copies of the book and the most he sold before was 5 copies you could also call it a best seller really.

Remember this is Nathan we are talking about.

neK likes this.
  19. Tony Fleming

that's the thing though I tried McDonald's new burger the other day and it was #hit then I went back and tried another new burger and it was awesome. His book might actually be good or might be useful to a certain demographic or it might be full of dodgy adverts for his businesses. No one here has read it (well that has commented o this post anyway). All I'm saying is that we shouldn't put down other people ventures unless we have some actual feedback to go on. If you started two businesses and I used one and wasn't happy is it fair of me to bag out all your business ventures with no feedback to go on?

Taku Ekanayake likes this.
  20. SK Investments

Tony Fleming likes this.