Exhausting through Tiled Roof (with Sarking)

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by neK, 10th Aug, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. neK

neK Well-Known Member

Does anyone know who I would call to get an exhaust fan for bathroom and rangehood for the kitchen exhausted out through the tiles of a roof?

I don't want to just exhaust it into the roof as I have sarking and would prefer for it to go external, but i have no idea who I would get to do it (I don't want leaks in the roof later).

Exhausting out through the eaves won't work as the ceiling itself is slightly higher than the eaves itself and the ducting hose won't fit without getting squished.

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Whirl bird in close proximity to the exhaust fan would extract any moisture. Whirlybirds install into tiled roofs easily be remove a few tiles

wylie likes this.
  3. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

Google you Rangehood brand it will give you a few installers out Rangehood Qazair needed special ducting which when installed cost more than the Rangehood.

4. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

This is not anywhere near as good as ducting out correctly. Whirly birds are notoriously ineffective at extracting air (the whirling is deceptive) and they are unlikely to be effective for the grease.

5. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Range hood installer should be able to do it.