Example: Purchasing a Hotel / Pub, No Money Down.

Discussion in 'Commercial Property' started by 2927, 2nd Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

So I take it you're intending to give us a live run down of the deal as it's executed? Given this will probably take months (longer?), it's a strange and inefficient approach.

Perhaps give us a detailed post or three describing the deal, the circumstances and resources available for the purchase. They describe the how the deal is expected to be executed. From there live updates, road blocks, solutions and amendments can be posted.

I'm genuinely interested, but so far this thread is effectively 'click-bait'.

2. 2927

2927 Well-Known Member

It wont be a minute by minute deal, although some on here would love that, the sale of kit-kats would go through the roof. The amount of documentation related to this purchase is quite large, so it's a matter of trimming it down. I figure 2 days top from start to finish for everything.

3. 2927

2927 Well-Known Member

Can do a chronological line, that way, those that are impatient, can come back at a later date. I could also simply post the original contract, but I doubt they would understand it. Besides it's Grand Final today, I'm off to buy some Kit-Kat's and then off to watch the match on the big screen at a mates place.

4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

;);)Surely you can give a basic "how to" for those who are interested. I would guess those actually interested in buying a pub (or similar - sounds like a nightmare to me) would be few and far between. Plenty will be keen to know how it is done out of interest but most of us are just interested enough to know some basic detail.

I liken it to my interest in anything about Everest and climbing. I cannot get enough information but I'm never going there.

I'm only checking this thread now because your lack of any detail has turned it into a platform for the comedians ;).

aussieB likes this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Wylie
    I cant imagine anyone on PC ever contemplating buying a pub/hotel, but I could be wrong:p

I have a suspicion that this deal may not be in Australia????

I will just sit back and watch how this plays out, another 600 threads of meaningful information:rolleyes:

aussieB likes this.
  6. SonOfTrigger

SonOfTrigger Well-Known Member

If its a hotel near a hydro lake its most likely NSW or Tas.

If its no money down then its probably a dog that the only way the seller can get out is by offering vendor financing or an earn out deal.

Country/small town hotel industry is ****** in Tas so fingers crossed this ultimate deal is elsewhere

Kangaroo likes this.
  7. SonOfTrigger

SonOfTrigger Well-Known Member

Apparently New Zealand bro.

8. AndrewTDP

AndrewTDP Well-Known Member

Talbingo?

9. 2927

2927 Well-Known Member

It's a shame people cant learn to read, the thread is a step by step guide to purchase a Commercial Property, in this case a Hotel / Pub. But every forum has it's flamers. So for the restless puppies you can chew on this and work out the details between yourselves.

The idea is using a back to back put and call option, combined with a conjunction agreement. Real Estates aren't involved, there not needed, neither are agents.

10. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

I'll just plug it into my proprietary Black Scholes Options Pricing Model. Options still require an initial cost to buy.

11. 2927

2927 Well-Known Member

Your not buying options, nor do you need any money down, or money to buy. There is nothing to buy. Your using an option to purchase, either a "put" or a "call". I've used this method for well over 10 years.

12. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

What a shame it took over 100 posts to get anywhere though. You can't blame people for having some fun. You could have told us this first snippet in the initial post.

Nemo, Gockie and Terry_w like this.
  13. 2927

2927 Well-Known Member

That's why I said in the beginning, a step by step, so people who know nothing about commercial, could learn from A - Z. You don't just jump in a car and drive, you have to have lessons. No-one is an expert. As Simon (boss) stated the other day, this commercial section was quiet, because no-one was using it, which told me, there might be a lack of understanding in "how to". Another member also said the forum was 85% PI, which would leave an interest of 15% to Commercial.

Gingin likes this.
  14. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

It just took you from Friday till now to get to this step... you know we are tragic people who like to keep up to the minute on the forum and to not read anything related to the thread title for... well it's now Monday in Sydney.... that's a full weekend. We don't wait that long for anything usually.

15. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Well-Known Member

back to back put and call option, combined with a conjunction agreement.---------Confusing--Please explain

16. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

Agree that it's been a funny thread.

It really only got hijacked because you haven't posted anything related to the topic. If you did, right from the start, it would have been a different thread.

Maybe start a new thread and actually give a step by step.

Gockie likes this.
  17. 2927

2927 Well-Known Member

Didn't really get a chance, before the sharks started circling. I also didn't have the file at hand with the info, it was archived and had to be dug out. So that was my bad.

18. Gockie

I'm with @Nemo30 . I think its best if you have this whole thread deleted and start it again. But just start with the info upfront. We'll all be happy. :)

19. 2927

2927 Well-Known Member

Doesn't stop the hijacking though. It's also not a good look for potential business or people with knowledge who wish to join up. They simply take one look and move on.

20. Gockie

? Huh? Sorry I don't follow your logic here about it doesn't stop the hijacking?
    But I feel you brought it onto yourself with the lack of info upfront unfortunately. Not the other posters fault. (Though some (a minority) are a little on the going too far side). But that's just who they are and how they participate.

Last edited: 5th Oct, 2015