Eviction of tenant - condition report

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Burramys, 29th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

The signatory on the NTV will be the owner or their representative. In this case, likely the mortgagee's representative.

I am really quite confused by this whole thing to be perfectly honest.

It's pretty straight forward, the tenant has been given NTV by the mortgagee (bank or someone else) taking back possession of the property. Generally they don't care about the condition of the premises, but your friend should ensure they return the property in a similar condition they were given it (working off the original condition report) to ensure there's no issues having their bond refunded at the cessation of the tenancy.

CAV only give general advice, every time you call you will speak to a different person and get a different answer to your question. Your friend (not you) needs to call the mortgagee and find out what to do from here in regards to the vacate.

Perthguy likes this.
  2. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I completely agree. I think its probably very straightforward. I used to deal with heaps of these in WA and the mortgagees were great to deal with. Some of them let the tenants live there for longer rent free and/or could leave the premises however they liked without giving a toss.

@Burramys if you message me I will physically call you and explain what a mortgagee possession is, because it sounds like you still don't quite understand.

Lil Skater and Perthguy like this.
  3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

You assumed the property was on this planet.

Th Y-man

Zoolander likes this.
  4. Burramys

Burramys Well-Known Member

Thanks for your advice. He might be moving out next Saturday, and I've been invited to witness this, take some pictures. The mortagee or agent will be there, and I can delve deeper. The LL-REA-PM-Mortgagee relationship does not really concern me. I'll find out what I can.

Perthguy likes this.
  5. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

It should concern you. You might be dealing with a PM with no authority to even do anything on the matter.

Perthguy likes this.