Everyday bank account - best one with online access, features?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Lawry, 17th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
?

Which everyday bank account

1. CBA

19 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. Westpac

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. NAB

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. ANZ

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  5. Credit Union

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. Macquarie

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. BoQ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. ME Bank

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Bendigo & Adelaide

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  10. Other

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. Lawry

Lawry Member

thanks everyone, looks like CBA is leading the pack

2. luckyone

luckyone Well-Known Member

So I'm curious. What is so fantastic about CBA's internet banking? I don't have an account with them unfortunately so haven't used their internet banking in many, many years.

3. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Just quickly on top of my head
    - mobile friendly (yeah, basic but not many do it well enough)
    - portfolio view (show your loan, assets valuation, cash etc and predict your net asset) - you can add external assets (just need to update it manually if it changes)
    - ability to rename and group accounts (e.g. can group IP1 related accounts)
    - all in one page view
    - great mobile app
    - ability to receive bills online (council rates), no more paper trails and I can review previous bills
    - summarise tax related costs (you can mark it as 'tax')
    - relatively fast
    - you can pretty most things online without calling or going to branch
    - user friendly layout

Gockie and luckyone like this.
  4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I find it curious so many people go with the big banks, the way they hit you high and low (at least in the past) at every chance, I would not deal with them for personal accounts.

Maybe many are not aware, but the banks and the Govt. did a deal long ago, forcing the use of bank accounts and the deal was after X years of doing free, they could hit customers as they want once there was no option for cash.

Have used credit unions since, the one I have used the most never charged me a fee ever, for anything. Has all the features of the others, not sure if they have a mobile app but would never use one of them anyway, always through a browser. I do not think any of the others ever did either IIRC.

You can find credit unions everywhere, give them a go, won't cost you :)

5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

CBA also has fantastic apps for staff use. There's an app for requesting a sick day, i.e. requesting leave can be done via your phone, its extremely easy to see your leave balances within that same app and view and email your payslips and group certificate to anybody.

There's also an app for expense claiming which is really quick and easy to use. You use your phone camera to take photos of the receipts and you get the money into your bank account less than 48 hours of lodging the claim.

EN710 and willair like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia