Everybody should sign up to PICA

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Keentolearn77, 16th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Keentolearn77

Keentolearn77 Well-Known Member

With the scary proposals state governments are making, leaving us landlords to financially sink, we need voice in numbers

i just discovered & signed up last week to PICA - property investors council Australia, $5 pa
    I think they only have 4-5000 members, vs tenants bodies in the 100’s of thousands

hopefully with more numbers, perhaps pica or a similar body will be better heard and notice taken by government

JoannaK, craigc, meni and 2 others like this.
  2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Property owners putting their hands into their pockets to work collectively to improve their lot, sounds just as effective as strata retail.

marty998, shorty and Dan Wood like this.
  3. JoannaK

JoannaK Well-Known Member

PICA are relatively new and need the support from every single landlord in the country if our voices are to be heard.

4. ferzal

ferzal Active Member

Probably not the best name choice given that there's a multinational monstrosity PICA Group running around (commonly referred to as, simply, PICA). I was confused the first time I saw the name. This thread title threw me initially. It's an unfortunate collision.

I'm not convinced in any case.

ellejay likes this.
  5. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

I signed up once based on a property related issue they have on their 'list' as something they intend to tackle. They've done zero in over a year. I've done more myself in my lunch break than they've managed in over a year. I suspect they like to cherry pick the little tasks they take on. They're very good at one thing though. They were very organised in taking the annual automatic payment from my card . No issues for them in that area. Very organised indeed when it comes to taking annual payments.

Lindsay_W likes this.
  6. alwayslearning2

alwayslearning2 Active Member

Curious what your property related issue was?

Michael Mitchell likes this.
  7. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

For $5 I think PICA membership is definitely worth it. I don't expect much but for them to act as an alternative public voice when debates regarding issues impacting property investment arise. In this regard I think they do their best, considering that all all officers are presumably unpaid volunteers with full time day jobs. If we expect them to be as active as other lobby groups membership would have to be a lot more than $5/year.

Tenancy organisations, left wing think tanks etc are well funded and have very loud voices when it comes to pushing an agenda on things like watering down tenancy laws and increasing taxes on investment properties so it is important to have some sort of united voices as balance from the investor side.

craigc likes this.
  8. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I too have noticed they have done nothing in a year. Last straw was when they advised Qld landlords about the recent changes two weeks after I learned about it myself.

ellejay likes this.
  9. alwayslearning2

alwayslearning2 Active Member

Do you have a special magic ball ?

I received an email from PICA re QLD Govt. change of guidelines on April 20,
    following REIQ's website update Friday April 17 REIQ | Everyone Matters: Review of Special COVID-19 Protections Needed

10. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Sure do!

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF