VIC Everley Estate Sunbury

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Gypsyblood, 20th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gypsyblood

Gypsyblood Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I'm seriously looking at a new land release in Everley Estate in Sunbury to build a home. I know some of the biases around Sunbury but I've always found it beautiful and would like to build there or a similar green and leafy suburb.

Question to the gurus of house and land packages, do you have a view about Everly? Its positioning or any critique? I know a few concerns but want to see if anyone else has the same to see how legit mine are.

Thanks for sharing.

2. Gypsyblood

3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Sunbury is fine..some parts are even beautiful...nothing wrong with out..but it is getting expensive like most blocks in land.

The other thing is make sure you understand what the site costs are ...a lot of it has falls more than 1.2m...at this point costs of building going through the roof. I was told today Simmonds just put up their prices up another 6.5k on top of a big price increase only 2.5 months ago. Building costs are another issue and make sure you manage it well.

Gypsyblood likes this.
  4. Gypsyblood

Thanks, I love how beautiful it is. The parts I'm looking to book are flat.. but im more concerned about the Bulla tip being a mere 5 km away..

5. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

For what the tip's worth, there's little smell from it even on a wet day with the wind blowing towards the suburb. I've driven past 100s of times (no exaggeration) for work, didn't experience foul smells to report about.

Sunbury is indeed beautiful in lots of parts.

6. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

I like Sunbury,

Sash and Westie have given enough insights already and I fully concur. Look at Diggers Rest too but it has gone ballistic. I bought one for client early this year 375 m2 for 222k in Alexander Park estate. Market value now is 300k plus.
    Look into areas outwards as well. Some gains to be made. :)

Cheers.

7. Gypsyblood

It is more a case of the toxicity.. the tip is a toxic dump site. Last time there was a fire on it, they asked residents for upto 5 km to not use aircon and keep windows and doors tightly shut.

I reallyyyy like sunbury, and have to make a decision for a 448sqm block at 369K.. not sure if i should go for it because it seems a big number to have a house (another 300K) around a tip. Pretty indecisive.

8. Gypsyblood

Hey Ashish, would you have any areas to recommend?

9. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

I see where you're coming from. It's not like fires are lit regularly every year. Once/twice in a lifetime sort of thing, right? I wouldn't let such a rare event to dissuade you from living where you want to. I'm pretty sure they said the same thing when those fires in Broady and West Footscray happened.

448sqm for close to $400k is fair market price. If you swing around to the Point Cook areas, land's at well over $1000/sqm.

10. Gypsyblood

Many thanks @Westie great assurance when someone who knows what they are talking about sense check these things!

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.