Evaporative ducted AC systems

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by dabbler, 12th Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I will be relying on him, I was up there only a matter of days ago, wish I had of been able to check myself.

Tenant just re signed too, they are ok, so do not want to stuff them around either unnecessarily at this time of the year, as it will end up going into next year and many probably have a week or two off, is limited choices there.

Yeah, right, I only have a third hand account of what is wrong, I think he would have fixed it if it was easy, no one looks for extra work at this time of year usually :)

2. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Nope, there is just one fan (Unless you have a very unusual setup). That's why I think you need a second opinion.

Cool change coming Thursday will give your tenants some respite until you can resolve this.

3. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

e.g. generic pump used on older units, including bonaire... $80.
    Fasco Pump JRM28 for Evaporative Air Conditioners

If you know what model your unit is, you could order the parts from these guys and just pay someone to install. It shouldn't be a big job.

4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

So the fan must sit in the middle, and draw the air down and into ducting, I will go look at some diagrams now.

I think a cool day is about 30 ish. ATM

Guy has fixed some things before and not over the top, I had to decide. I do wish I had more breathing space on this one, and would have done exactly that.

Have not been inside the place for years, the AC is one item I do not have much detail on, nor photos or model etc, so I just have to wear this one. If was end of summer, I would have had a crack myself, or taken time to find another local or close by person.

Phase2 and Perthguy like this.