Evaporative air conditioners - anyone already done the research?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by WattleIdo, 22nd Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Am definite about getting evaporative ducted air conditioning in my house in Parkes NSW. Evaporative works very well in Parkes. Might get a split system in one room later.
    Anyway, I've had 2 quotes so far. There is no ducting set up yet; will need 5 outlets. Both quotes seem a bit exy to me.
    1. Braemar was quoted for around 8K including installation
    2. Bonair Integra for around 6K, different installer.
    Am thinking of getting of getting some quotes from Dubbo and Orange too but I suspect that's the general price range.
    Am now thinking it would be best to choose the best/ most suitable brand and work backwards from there.
    • Do you have an evaporative air conditioner and would you recommend it?
    • Have you done the research recently? What brand do you like best?
    Thanks.

2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

5 outlet Bonaire systems here are around the 3-4k mark installed.

WattleIdo likes this.
  3. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Much better pricing - I don't know why it's so much more expensive here, apart from being a bit out of the way. But there are thousands of evaporative air conditioners in town. In general, a lot of improvement services are a rip off.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@WattleIdo - Just shop around - Evaps are great in the right location.

Most of the ones I had installed have been pretty much coastal usually Braemar commercial units.

The extent of duct work adds considerably to costs - we used to minimise this with the swampy at one end of the counter and 4-6 m of duct only. Windows open at the shopfront.

WattleIdo likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.