Eucalyptus Tree Replacement

Discussion in 'Landscaping' started by Samnewman, 23rd Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Samnewman

Samnewman Member

I recently bought a duplex which has a small planted trees in the front yard, trees are still small, about 2m in height.

I was planning to replace those trees with other species of jasmine. However I noticed one of them is eucalyptus.

Do I need a permit to replace those trees in my front yard with any that I prefer or I will require council approval?

To add, those trees were planted recently after the duplex has been completed.

I am looking to do the same in my backyard, does the same apply?
    It’s Cumberland council in Sydney.

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

14022, Samnewman and Joynz like this.
  3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Always best to seek council approval even if replacing. The fines are hefty and is easily triggered by a neigbour who reports you - Some people love green ! . Rules apply to all places incl nature strip. Council arborists will be very helpful and in cases may even offer free plants.

14022 and Samnewman like this.
  4. 14022

14022 Member

All of the above comments are correct. However, if you have a copy of the stamped landscape plan. You could confirm the correct trees have been planted. Cause you never know.........

Scott No Mates likes this.
  5. 29349

29349 Well-Known Member

Eucalypts grow v tall. You can Pollard them (cut top off) to keep them short.