Essential oils

Discussion in 'Starting & Running a Business' started by Excalibur1, 3rd Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Do you buy and/or use essential oils

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ouchmyknees

Ouchmyknees Well-Known Member

The answer is no. And it is extremely difficult to enter the market anyway. Chinese consumers are less likely to pay a premium for a high quality product that they are not aware of, unless it is under a famous international brand.
    Your better bet is Japan, the Japanese are better at appreciating high quality stuff in my opinion. I know a guy who knows a person who has a Phd in Marketing, her family owns a farm in Tasmania and they export Tasmanian wasabi to Japan and made sh#@ load of money.
    Best of luck, your wife's entrepreneurial drive is admirable. :)

Gockie and EN710 like this.
  2. Excalibur1

Excalibur1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that feedback. The only reason I asked my friend to look into it is because she has a lot of contacts in the entertainment industry in China. But I don't like this whole "friend of a friend " thing... usually it comes to nothing.

The only reason I contacted her is because I would have thought entertainment industry people would be interested in those products. We haven't researched Japan yet, but we will look into it. Language barrier might be a problem and we have no contacts there. My wife speaks 5 languages and Japanese is not one of them :( . I'll let you know what I can discover about Japan and their interest.

3. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Would it be worth your wife looking at taking a cut of any contracts she can negotiate for other farmers who are not getting as much they could be getting for their oils?

4. Ouchmyknees

Ouchmyknees Well-Known Member

Lol sorry about the misunderstanding, I'm not trying to suggest you use this, I don't know that girl anyway to provide a connection.
    I would suggest your wife visit one of the trade shows and directly talk to big companies, the largest one in the APAC region is called Cosmoprof, it is held in Hong Kong annually in November.
    Cosmoprof-Asia > HOME
    I attended the show a few years back and there are businesses small and large from all over the world to show case their products. Your wife can go take a look this year and maybe next year she can have a stall of her own. :)