Sports & Fitness EPL thread

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by See Change, 7th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Yes, you never know when the good times will end just ask any supporters of Leeds or Blackburn Rovers who were champions not that long ago.
    Mediocrity is hard to swallow after faint memories as a child watching the parade as the team bus made its way through the streets of Liverpool after winning the European Cup.

2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

I was on holidays in Spain as a child when England won the World Cup in 66. Spent the rest of the holidays writing " we won the cup " in the dust on the back of cars ...... Almost 50 years and England is still waiting ....

Go the Socceroo's

Cliff

Last edited: 30th Aug, 2015
    Gibson likes this.
  3. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin Well-Known Member

What does everybody think is the benchmark amount of wins for Rogers not getting the sack?
    My bet is they will only let him muck about with Liverpool for a fixed period if they lose touch with the qualifying places for the Champions League. He might be the 1st to get the axe this season.

Gibson likes this.
  4. Gibson

Gibson Well-Known Member

What's the record number of coaches for one team In a twelve month period? . In the Abrhahamovic era Chelsea a few years back had at least three that I can think of..or maybe four. Mourinho will be sweating if they can't string a few results quickly. Rogers may have competition

5. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

If they lose touch with the top 4 completely after 10 games he might be in trouble. They have been trying to build since his arrival but have lost probably the best young player in England and the best striker in Europe other than Messi.
    Too early to call at this stage but the squad looks good enough to challenge for a Champions League spot which is essential in attracting the best players.

6. Rumplestiltskin

Chelsea did have 4 managers in a season although 1 was caretaker for 1 match. Sunderland have also matched this with 4 including Mick McCarthy who essentially took Sunderland and Wolves to relegation from the Premier League in the same season.

Chelsea had 8 in 5 years after Mourinho's 1st stint including Roberto Di Matteo who won the Champions League and FA Cup in a 6 month stint, go figure that one out. :confused:
    Newcastle United have had the most managers since the inception of the Premier league, 20 to be exact with 7 of them caretaker managers. Tottenham are only 1 behind them.

Last edited: 31st Aug, 2015
    Gibson likes this.
  7. Rumplestiltskin

I think Rogers is a bit of a fraud.
    His Premier League finishing position are 11th, 7th, 2nd, 7th.

That 11th placed finish was with Swansea, who have actually averaged a better finishing position with the 2 managers since and reached the knockout stages of the Europa League.

8. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Umm yeah nah bro

9. Rumplestiltskin

Remember drugs have been bad for you before.

See Change likes this.
  10. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Im happy to back myself here, $1k to the chosen charity of the winner, i say no way he'll be the first manager to be sacked. Let's see how sure u are of your prediction

11. Rumplestiltskin

You could lend some credibility to your wager by suggesting the first manager to be sacked.
    Let's see how sure u are of your prediction.
    I don't give money to charity.

12. Rumplestiltskin

20 teams in the Premier League and you want to bet on 19 of them for $1000 return.

What are you? A Jewish Bookmaker

13. Rumplestiltskin

Judging by this post, youre' a bit new to this.

What odds will you give me on a team of my choice other than Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester United finishing above Liverpool?

14. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

At least it wasn't all bad news with Chelsea and Man U also losing.
    There's no easy games in the EPL.

15. Rumplestiltskin

Brendan Rogers is currently 6/1 Eq 2nd favourite across all betting agencies to be the first manager to get the chop. :D

16. See Change

Gibson likes this.
  17. Gibson

Gibson Well-Known Member

Surely there has to be an upturn in form for the big clubs.. Inevitable Man City will lose to the usual suspects, Stoke or Sunderland..I have been playing FPL for 8 years and can't remember such a shocking start for my starting XI...even all the pundits can't figure it out.
    Ps, hate the international breaks w a passion..what will I do this weekend?

18. Rumplestiltskin

In my opinion Manchester City are going to get it exactly right this season and simply streak right away with it.
    Chelsea are more likely to have a very effective Champions League but can't see them getting within 6 points of City at Season's end, should still get 2nd comfortably enough.
    Arsenal will get better but still not good enough to win the league, will have a better European run.

Last edited: 1st Sep, 2015
    Gibson likes this.
  19. XtraFL

XtraFL Member

Somehow the defence that had 3 clean sheets reverted back to 14-15. Lovren stinks.

20. See Change

Transfer deadline day today .

Palace have done well so far , but there's one more series of trades I'd like to see go through .

Despite being palaces top goals scorers in recent time Gayle and Murray don't seem to be on pardew's radar to lead the line going forward .

The only purchase that raised a few eyebrows was Connor Wickham rather than the more expensive and proven Charlie Austin .

My thoughts have been Gayle and Murray out and Austin in . The first domino has just gone over with Murray going to Bournmouth ( Richard , at good player but ? Overpriced at 31 for 5 mill .. All palace fans wish him well as he was key to palace getting into the EPL ) .

Fingers crossed for the next few hours , though there are rumours that mile might be leaving .... Sniff sniff . It's nice having club and country captain as the same person .

I think palace will continue to upgrade their squad with more 2-5 mill players leaving being replaced with 10-15 mill players .

Cliff