Sports & Fitness EPL thread

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by See Change, 7th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. LMD

LMD Well-Known Member

COYG!

2. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

I agree but things might look better for Liverpool when Sturridge is fully fit and playing.

3. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin Well-Known Member

Sturridge has yet to prove that he can ever play a full season.

4. XtraFL

XtraFL Member

He needs to play 2/3 of a season and he will be a contender for league's top scorer.

5. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

I don't think he missed too many games in 2013 but he's definitely been injured on and off since.

6. Rumplestiltskin

I can't see him having the same success again.
    They will all be looking for him and his injury issues look chronic.
    Liverpool just struggle to beat the good teams and have a habit of dropping points even when the odds are stacked in their favour on paper against lesser lights.

7. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Time will tell, he is due to return next month when he's back to full fitness.
    As for Liverpool they have made a few mistakes in the transfer market as Balotelli was a waste of space. Recent signings look better.

8. Rumplestiltskin

I thought Liverpools shape looked better than I've seen all season against Arsenal but still lacking polish in terms of finishing. Granted Arsenal still haven't hit their straps but Liverpool took it to them at home and wouldn't have looked out of place had they got the points.
    They just never seem to get over the top 5 or 6 teams year on year, that's the problem.
    I have my doubts about the manager to cap that off.

9. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Drugs are bad for you.

Liverpool has been playing pretty well. Sure there has been an element of luck but the team is looking pretty good, new signings appear to be fitting in immediately and the defence is a lot more solid so far

10. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

11. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

After a 2-1 win at the Bridge he certainly does Jose 100th home game was not good..

Another excellent performance by the Cherries only to have all 3 points taken away by a dodgy penalty.

Cheers

Richard

12. Rumplestiltskin

What did I say? Liverpool 0 West Ham 3

United next at Old Trafford

Drugs are bad for you.
    What did I say? Liverpool 0 West Ham 3

Did that element of luck run out? Defence is a lot more solid you say? :eek:

13. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Bad result, I haven't watched the game yet but 0-1 down in the first few minutes then down to 10 men.
    They will need to turn things around quickly to have a chance against Man U .

14. See Change

In his previous 100 games in change at Chelsea Mourinho has only lost one game until today .. Chelsea 1 , Palace 2 . No it was not a lucky break . Palace has as good if not better chances and the Foxtel team agree they deserved to win . Chelsea desperately need a new right back . With all the talk about palace picking up cabaya , the new pick up who has impressed be is Bako , a free pick up from the championship . Scored in the last two games . Great shot , no nonsense hard runner .

First couple of games I thought they looked shakes in the back of their midfield and I thought they were desperately in need on jedinak , but they looked much more composed in the midfield and at this stage I think mile will struggle to get back into the starting 11 . Their has been talk of him going elsewhere and I wonder if that will happen .

Looking good so far

Second spot .....though United can pass them with a win

We will . Early days but a good start . I know people are usually only going to watch the game their team is playing , but from where they started two years ago , when they were really struggling against the top teams , now they look at home , composed and they have a seriously dangerous attack. Connor Wickham is starting to settle in , though I was disappointed they didn't spend the extra cash and buy Charlie Austin , though from all reports , that may still happen .

I assume you were talking about UP

Must be a fantasy league .:D

ok , I know we're only four games in and it's a long season , but I'm going to enjoy this while I can .....:cool:

Cliff

Gibson likes this.
  15. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Enjoy
    While it lasts..

16. See Change

I am and I will :)

Man city next week . Even if they loose , given their first five games include three of the four BIG CLUBS , Chelsea , Arsenal and Man city , I think any supporter of any club would be happy to have 9 pints .... ( oops , points ... Hic ... o_O )

A win and they go level top . BUT , we have to wait until after the international break . Sigh .

Cliff

17. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Well I hope they beat all of those BIG CLUBS
    I assume that was your not so subtle point:rolleyes:

18. See Change

No , it wasn't subtle , but when you've been a supporter of a club like palace for 47 years , you have to enjoy the rare moments of joy when they come around . First season I went to see them was 68-69 when they first won promotion to the then first division.

In terms of sure bets I'd put Brisbane ( city , not club ) down as a more certain bet than palace , after all , they did loose to arsenal ..

Cliff

19. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

Liverpool had a shocker, it's not looking good at the moment...

20. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Yeah we were terrible last night.