Sports & Fitness EPL thread

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by See Change, 7th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

arsene didnt revolutionized English football by playing possession "attacking" football..

he revolutionized football by introducing sport science to english football.. the importance relationship between diet ,training, fitness and REST. all science based

he also mastered the french market by bringing in world class players without having to pay top dollar.

with this he changed the perception of foreign managers in the league.

other clubs were also playing combination of early balls + pass and move or possession attacking fooball prior to his time.. mainly then golden era of liverpool fc.

allot of tactics in football required the right players to carry out the instruction of the coach/manager. 90% of english club did not have the right players to play these "european" style football.

sanj likes this.
  2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Palace 5 leiscter 0 and are up to 11th

Mathematically not safe , but so many games have to fall the wrong way for them to go down it’s not funny and many of them involve teams below Palace taking point off the top clubs .

Just as an example Stoke play Southhampton so only one could catch them .

Southhampton would have to win all three of their game .

Huddersfield Town need a win and a draw and are playing arsenal , Chelsea and Man city and that’s just for starters ..

Cliff

3. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Can’t wait for Sunday morning, I’m cautiously optimistic. Head says Real Madrid but I miracles do happen.
    It’s been a solid season in the EPL but I sense Klopp is building something, FSG have improved the finances and progress in the UCL has helped. After Hicks and Gillette pushed the club to the point of bankruptcy with no funds to compete FSG have really turned it around.

Come on you Reds Allez, Allez, Allez..

4. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Well it wasn't to be but the world's most watched Football league kicked off last night and it seems to get bigger every season. So many players from around the world are drawn there. Can't wait.

I am really looking forward to Naby Keita playing. I don't know if other fans realise how good he is but if he stays fit he will be a revelation this season. There aren't many players like him, growing up playing street football in Conakry Guinea. His skill set was created playing football in small spaces and as a result he has great close control and agility.

My predictions for the season:
    1st Man City
    2nd Liverpool
    3rd Man U
    4th Tottenham
    5th Gooners
    6th Chelsea
    Gooners could surprise with a new manager who did wonders leading Sevilla to 3 Europa league triumps

Big improvers Everton and West Ham.
    Interesting newcomers who could suprise- Wolves and Fulham.
    Cardiff to be regelated.

5. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Hugh, have to agree with you it has crept us on me this weel although really looking forward to the 3.00pm kick off and the Cherries game against the Bluebells.

The early game between Newcastle V Tottenham should be an good opener to Saturday night and certainly interesting to see how both teams perform given i think they will be at opposite ends of the division come May.

Certainly other than Cardiff the newly promoted sides have spent up big with a number of useful signings.

Bournemouth themselves broke their own transfer record with the $25M signing of Colombian WC star Jefferson Lerma but think it will be a few weeks before we see him due to the pace of the Premier League and lack of match fitness..

Tend to agree with your 1-6 although Arsenal might be the surprise package depending on the managers tactical ability. One thing you can guarantee he won't he there as long as Arsene.

Here's to a great year and my prediction is the Cherries will avoid relegation come May making it 5 years in the big league.

Cheers

HUGH72 likes this.
  6. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

I don't think the Cherries will be regelated, my other likely contenders would be Brighton, Huddersfield and even possibly Newcastle.

Looking forward to Spurs vs Newcastle. Kick off shortly.

7. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Sorry guys had to post this pic as i think it could be the one and only time I ever see in my lifetime.

upload_2018-8-20_7-30-19.png

Course didn't even last til 5.00pm Saturday night but my god felt good for a few minutes.

Cheers

Gingin likes this.
  8. turk

turk Well-Known Member

Handy win by Brighton.

9. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

10. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2018-12-30-14-10-31-1.png
    Gooner defenders taking a 5 minute break.:p

11. Perky29

Perky29 Well-Known Member

Can Liverpool actually go the full 38 rounds and finish number 1?
    I hope so.

HUGH72 likes this.
  12. Ems

Ems Well-Known Member

It looks like they will but I hope not (coming from a Man United fan) :p

13. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Hope so, but way too early to tell. A couple of injuries to key players could change things dramatically.

14. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

no diff if they dont city will.

i rather both of them do not lol.

Virgil if he gets injured then city is in luck..

15. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Up the Reds, great result in Munich this morning. Looking forward to Friday’s draw.

16. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Big one tomorrow morning in Madrid. Come on Red Men, we have to do it.
    Fingers crossed for number 6.:)

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF