Sports & Fitness EPL thread

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by See Change, 7th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Live from the Vitality Stadium and i must say what a game.

At 0-2 down i thought wow what a long way to come for a weekend but i can tell you the flight back to Brisbane will be well worth it.

Liverpool are hell of a side and will go close to winning the Title this year but sorry boys you were just out ran, out tackled and out played in a lot of depts 2nd half.

We won't even mention the penalty that wasn't given in the first half either.

I have no voice left so going for a beer to celebrate.

Back home Tuesday.

Cheers

Richard

2. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Well done by the Cherries, good manager and team firmly fixed in the league, shame it had to be against us.
    From 2-0 and 3-1 up I don't know how we lost. It's a big setback in trying to keep up with Chelsea at the top of the table, we've lost a little potency over the last couple of games.

What he said:-(
    Screenshot_2016-12-05-11-11-59.png

3. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

This would have been an amazing experience - as a liverpool fan, congratulations! Was an epic comeback (as frustrating as it was to watch, especially at 2am on a Monday Morning).

Love the Bournemouth supporters - they're one of the best supporter groups i've ever seen.

4. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Thought I post some thoughts about the potential mass exdous of players going to play in the Chinese League. Very annoyed at Oscar because he is in the prime of his career and decided to go chasing money (his pay went up by 4 times) and today I read about some crazy offer for Cristiano Ronaldo being offered 100 million euro per season and transfer fee of $330 million!!!!!

5. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

IMG_0191.JPG
    Come on You RED MEN!

sanj likes this.
  6. Richard Taylor

Guys Richard here.

Oh well. After being 3 up against a very good Arsenal side i guess a draw isn't anything to scoff.

Think the score at 69 mins was fair and we deserved to win but you can't switch off in this league and expect to survive. Sending off didn't help (Another poor referring decision)

Wouldn't be too many sides to have scored 3 against the Gunners this season.

At least Watford loosing ......

Common you Cherries.

7. aussieshorter

aussieshorter Well-Known Member

Utd fans: That night in Moscow
    LFC fans: That night in Istanbul
    Chelsea fans: That night in Munich
    Arsenal fans: That night in Bournemouth
    :D

HUGH72 likes this.
  8. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2017-01-06-11-06-49.png
    It's down to 6 serious contenders.
    Man U looking like the dark horse to make a mid season charge.
    Chelsea's to lose but Spurs did all the contenders a favour by beating them 2-0.
    Pep wishes he was back in Spain, one game per week, a Christmas break and only Real/Althetico Madrid as serious challengers.

9. Hwangers

Hwangers Well-Known Member

why EPL is the most watched/balanced league in the world!

p.s. first post on this thread, have to disclose am an Everton fan for all the scousers on here

HUGH72 likes this.
  10. Alfiesausagedog

Alfiesausagedog Well-Known Member

EVERTON!!!

Hwangers and HUGH72 like this.
  11. Hwangers

YEAH!!!!

that boy tom davies looks the real deal (not even including the goal)

Alfiesausagedog likes this.
  12. Alfiesausagedog

He's definitely an exciting player, I just hope he continues to develop and doesn't stall like Ross Barkley.

13. Hwangers

hoping so! curious to see how schneiderlin adjusts in the formation too

14. Alfiesausagedog

I'm expecting he and Gueye will form an immense partnership.

Hwangers likes this.
  15. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Here's a prediction .

Has a team ever won the EPL one year and been relegated the next ?

They're not that far off the bottom and some of the teams around are undergoing significant upgrades , so there's room in the bottom three for one more team in that rung just above the relegation zone .

IMHO Hull and Sunderland look set for two of the places . Sunderland have an owner who wants to sell the club and need to sell their best players so they can buy others in the current window . Hull are in the same boat having just accepted an offer for their top scorer snodgrass .

Having watched palace's games and seeing them on the receiving end of so many dud decisions or goal of the season contenders , their luck needs to change just a smidgeon and they will be picking up points . They also have money to burn ( nice change ) and are actively looking to pick up good players .

Swansea are not used to being at the bottom and just beat Liverpool 3-0 . As a comparison palace just lost to Chelsea 1 /0 and were unlucky to go down to Everton 1-0 in the last minutes to a goal that was off side . Everton beat man city 4-0 the week before .

Middlesbrough possibly . Leicester sit one point above them , five points above palace who currently sit in the third bottom spot .

Cliff

16. Hwangers

they have a decent enough squad to stay up - though tell that to newcastle fans

the next 10 or so fixtures should define their season as they play the teams below them - swansea, hull, sunderland not to mention fa cup and champs league (if they get knocked out should be able to concentrate on survival, if not then more juggling acts)

ranieri was probably referring to this season when he kept on repeating the "survival survival survival" mantra of last

17. See Change

Sorry Richard

Palace 2 - Bournemouth 0

Palace ran out deserved winners . Finally , a game where they weren't undone by a wonder goal or an offside goal .

Cliff

18. See Change

While the last month or so had been depressing while watching palace , I had seen some of the best goals around for a while .

This was confirmed by palace being involved in three of the six goals nominated for EPL goal of the month . On the receiving end for two , but a much improved Zaha also nailed one .

Had a look at the upcoming fixtures and of the bottom few clubs palace have the easiest run in the next three weeks .

Prediction , palace out of the bottom three and Leicester take their place and we see headlines along of " roosters to feather dusters "

Cliff

Hwangers likes this.
  19. See Change

20. Richard Taylor

Richard here,

After the way they played last night against Liverpool i think they will survive.

I am over in the UK following the Cherries for a couple more weeks so off to Old Trafford this weekend.

Must admit we are free fall so next 2 home games are critical.

Hull V Leicester this weekend is an important 6 point so ideally a draw or Foxes win.