EOFY Contributions

Discussion in 'Superannuation, SMSF & Personal Insurance' started by Owlet, 27th Jun, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Owlet

Owlet Well-Known Member

If I make a contribution today - will it clear and be received in time to count this EOFY? I am with Host Plus.
    Yes I am have phoned them and am on hold. I was hoping someone who has done this could answer this.

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Is this superannuation?

I was told by my super company deposit needed to be in by 20th June to ensure it is processed. I'd call Host Plus and ask for clarification of the cut off date.

Edit: Just re-read and it seems you are on hold right now.

3. Owlet

Owlet Well-Known Member

Thanks Wylie

I was on hold for an hour, no answer. No answer using their chat function either. While waiting, I read in some small print that it had to be in before 3pm on 26th - but that was a Sunday and I wanted to check if this was really the case - because whenever I transfer money any other way it does not take more than 3 days. I took this as a sign that I wasn't meant to contribute - just give more to the taxman.

4. Propin

Propin Well-Known Member

I put mine in then the market crashed the next day. Hopefully it took a few days to process..

5. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

I got online today and tried to deposit into my fund.
    AusSuper, it took me 4 min !
    Couldn't direct deposit, but have a direct debit scheduled for tomorrow (from my bank acc into my Superanuation acc) ;)
    So it is possible depending on your fund o_O

Edit: as per your post @6:02, I don't believe you can transfer/deposit in time, it has to be a debit from your bank account to be done officially "in time" to meet ATO requirements

6. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

These days there are ways to transfer in real time. The funds must be received by 30 June. It may involve walking into a branch