'Enough, enough, enough': Scott Morrison says he will cut Australia's migration intake

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Noobieboy, 20th Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. scienceman

scienceman Well-Known Member

Hardly surprising when It's Sydney and Melbourne are bearing the brunt of population growth. If you can somehow divert migrants to Brisbane - how long do you think it will be before it starts having the same problems as Sydney and Melbourne?

2. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

Again :D:D, should I highlight the fact that QLD government has been very good in lobbying the Federal government on where immigrants should move. While it is not 100% guaranteed that they will actually move where asked, it seems to be working. Other state governments seem to have little care.

3. scienceman

They are mostly going to Sydney and Melbourne with both cities growing by over 100,000 pa. This has nothing to do with anyone's lobbying.

4. Noobieboy

Really, so the fact that immigration policy is under review as soon as Gladys shouted that Sydney is full has nothing to do with immigration policy? Please, you need to look around.

5. scienceman

You are not making any sense.

6. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

OMG

According to those postcodes, I no longer live in Brisbane. I'm 400 metres into regional. I never would have realised until this morning. Thank you @Noobieboy for awakening me.

Last edited: 29th Nov, 2018
    Noobieboy likes this.
  7. scienceman

This is only talk and remember both of them have elections coming up. And it's not about directing migrants to regions but an overall cut (a tiny 30,000). The previous tangent you went off on was a suggestion that Qld has been successful in directing migrants.

8. Noobieboy

QLD has beeen successful. They closed off the State sponsorship during mining “crash” and only reopened it once the state started to recover. They have been proactive in listing Suburbs that are metropolitan as metropolitan. While VIC didn’t bother doing any of that. Being nimble and knowing what you want = success.

9. Noobieboy

My pleasure. Maybe you don’t need that tree change you were planning anymore @Angel :D:D:D

10. scienceman

Sounds like you are talking about the regional temporary visa class. Scott Morisson cut those back anyway. In any case it's the permanent intake that is driving our population growth and they can go where they choose.

11. Noobieboy

I’m also talking about 190 visa, which is permanent. This category is still active. QLD closed it during the mining run off and only reopened it recently.

12. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

View across the back fence five minutes ago

Attached Files:

Noobieboy likes this.
  13. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

Are you sure the Us have no welfare ?
    6 Major Welfare Programs Myths Versus Facts

it might be low and not very good.. have lifetime limits and lots of it is coupons, dont mean there is no welfare.

in america at least when the gangs and robbers come, they know the people they are robbing can have guns to defend themselves too.. you watch way too much fox news to think whole of america is like this.

really ?
    whats your success measured against ?
    who has more debt ??
    or number of immigrants taken in ?

from what i can see is the money can be spent better elsewhere.

I maybe Heartless, Selfish and Worthless, but i pay my taxes and contribute to society and do no unjust harm.

you need to travel to a war-torn country to understand the definition meaning of heartless selfish and worthless.

welfare is different to assistance. Welfare = do nothing get something
    Assistance = Help You Get out of trouble.

I said no welfare dont mean no assistance to the disable old and needed.

i always said,

take away welfare and set a limit to that living assistance for the able.

14. Noobieboy

I lived in a war torn country before I came to Australia. And I know that ******s with fans and know it alls ruin a country.

I also know that America has they some ofthe highest expenditure on Medicare while providing one of the shittest systems on the planet. So maybe you should take stock. Just because you will pay less taxes in America and will have a chance to spit down on those who are less fortunate than you doesn’t make it right.

Norway, Switzerland, Sweden an Australia are all welfare countries and they are way wealthier than you great Unites States. Your arguments have no value. No basis and no facts. Shouting off the top of a roof with no facts.

Anyway this thread is about immigration not about heartless people. So let’s get back to the topic.

Angel likes this.