Employment contract

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by klabat, 17th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. klabat

klabat Well-Known Member

Hi

Can Employment contract be used for a loan with the previous job being a casual minimal hours in the same field?

2. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Maybe. Depends on the rest of your details. You would also most likely need the first payslip from your new work contract as well.

3. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

Employment contract is acceptable for many lenders income verification requirements, depending on LVR/the rest of the deal it may determine whether any other verification is required through salary credits/payslips.

4. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Employment contract with no payslips/banking credits? Not many will do it on contract alone.

NAB are your best bet, if the job is in the same field, 80% LVR. Usually need a bit of stable employment history and will usually need to run via credit/BDM first.

My experience with this is usually people moving cities (usually MEDICO's which makes it easier) and public sector graduates, both relatively stable employment scenarios.

5. Marty McDonald

Marty McDonald Mortgage broker Business Member

Ive done this with a signed and dated contract, no payslips, no salary credits but I had to get a letter also confirming they had actually commenced at the new employment. A contract may be signed and dated but how does the bank know if you actually started there? Unlikely that you wouldn't but..

I think it was CBA but cant remember 100%. Was a while ago.

6. channon

channon Active Member

I personally got a loan with employment contract for one of my purchases, and that was when I was in between jobs (technically I was unemployed). Bank was CBA, applied to the branch direct, they accepted my contract as proof of income, credit looked at my file and got unconditionally approved in like 4 days but that was 1 year ago.