Education & Work Employment contract in Spain

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by jins13, 4th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Was talking to a colleague who went to Spain to see his family and of course watch a game of Soccer/Football. He told me that employers in some parts of Spain (not sure if its all) offerer one week contract at a time to employees due to how bad the economy is performing. The scariest thing is that this didn't just cover blue collar workers but also white collar workers (GP Doctors, Architects, engineers and etc). I know that in Australia we are starting to go with the contract roles instead of perm roles with some of the industries, but seriously one week contracts!?

I guess I always appreciate how good we have it in Australia and in all honestly my view is that in Australia if you are willing to work hard, you can achieve this goal.

2. 380

380 Well-Known Member

To make it worst...working week is Monday to Thursday:(:(

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Geez... no better than casual employment really, where there's no guarantees of hours given

4. serendip

serendip Well-Known Member

Contracting really is becoming far more common in Australia. Well, fixed term full time is more accurate as often people are treated like permanent employees from a leave, super etc perspective. We are lucky here with some of the employee protection afforded by the fair work act. Due to the stupidity of government policy, I was just paid redundancy after 4 years of rolling contracts as I was redeployed. Then walked into a new job with the new organisation which replaced the old one. It was a little more complicated than that but not much. Still, not complaining, redundancy will help the investment journey :)

Gockie likes this.
  5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yes might not be a bad thing given spain was a basket case economically. Interesting thing is that they now seem to be doing ok. The italians and greeks should take note

6. Pistonbroke

Pistonbroke Well-Known Member

Have a read of some of the Australian awards eg. Construction Industry. This is a daily employment agreement.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia