Emergency Fund

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by Nodrog, 4th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PKFFW

PKFFW Well-Known Member

Oh god the number of times I've heard how much we "saved" by buying new **** we didn't need!!!! It seems math is no longer taught at school.

But seriously, happy wife = happy life and I do love her :)

2. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

And to be honest we are often oblivious to our own shortcomings.

3. PKFFW

PKFFW Well-Known Member

Sorry what? I have no idea what you may be talking about. What are these "shortcomings" of which you speak? :D

Snowball and Nodrog like this.
  4. Zenith Chaos

Zenith Chaos Well-Known Member

Aaaahhh the wisdom:

@Nodrog I wasn't dry in Feb but I have been lately and yes I am worried :eek:

@The Falcon you are a sage - I am frustrated and look forward to some counselling.

@Anne11 you know "she who must be obeyed" well and her net present value is priceless.

@Islay that takes up selling to a new level. Although I'm guessing by your name you didn't need a freezer to put ice cubes in your Laphroaig.

@SatayKing - the enlightenment state is being vice free.

Thanks all. Happy Saturday.

Islay, Anne11, Nodrog and 1 other person like this.
  5. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

While it may be the case I still feel left out.

Bugger it. A decadent breakfast of bacon and eggs with the lot plus coffee will have to suffice. A quick shower, phooey on shaving (four days of growth because I'm lazy) and some yesterday grungy clothes in order to upset the breakfast crowd. As if I care.

sharon, Snowball and Zenith Chaos like this.
  6. Zenith Chaos

Give the breakfast crowd hell, particularly if they're Canberran. :mad:

SatayKing likes this.
  7. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

I average shaving around every 5th day give or take upon prompting from my wife.

Grungy clothes are my better clothes nowadays reserved only for special occasions such as a trip to Bunnings with my wife. A romantic stroll through the isles mesmerised by all the goods on offer then followed by fine dining at the sausage sandwich stall.

As for weekend breakfast I’ve taken to cooking it on the BBQ served on the deck for awhile now. Tired of not getting our bacon, eggs etc cooked exactly how we like them. I enjoy cooking on the BBQ. Wife loves it. Almost puts her in as romantic a mood as a trip to Bunnings.

I reckon the women reading this post will be very envious:D. Look out hubbies I’ve set a new standard of expectation from your better halves:cool:.

sharon, The Falcon, luckyone and 4 others like this.
  8. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Yeah, the breakfast crowd at Green Square, Kingston we’re very happy and relieved when I left Canberra.

Zenith Chaos likes this.
  9. SatayKing

As I live in Canberra and so qualify as a Canberran are you suggesting...... If so :p :)

Zenith Chaos likes this.
  10. Zenith Chaos

I thought it was so you can move money from the razor blade bucket into the yeast, malt and hops bucket.

Nodrog likes this.
  11. Zenith Chaos

I lived in Canberra for a long time during my halcyon days of youth - good but fading memories. However, that doesn't mean the public service and the inner workings don't need a shake down, which is where you come in wise one. A glimmer of Anarchy in paradise. :rolleyes:

12. SatayKing

LOL.

Sadly, I fear I do, and will, have little effect given the number of groups I have alienated in recent times. For some reason when those in my demographic claim an entitlement because "I've paid taxes all my life" it doesn't seem to go down well if I murmur "I understood taxes are to pay for current expenditure and aren't a credit bank." Hmm, he's not one of us.

sharon, Snowball, Ynot and 4 others like this.
  13. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Wait till they see you rockin on stage:

97F60E5A-2596-4FB0-8259-E3A32E92402C.jpeg

Last edited: 11th Mar, 2019
    sharon and Zenith Chaos like this.
  14. SatayKing

:) Maybe this evening. Today is too nice to be indoors. A short trip to Namadgi is in order I feel. Got to enjoy it while it's still here.

- and you can just stop taking these pics through my window

sharon, Ynot, Zenith Chaos and 2 others like this.
  15. Zenith Chaos

Uh oh. I'm one of those entitled types, particularly when it comes to social welfare and society's abuse of the hardworking.

I'm going to Canberra this weekend. I'll look out for you at the cafes. Be sure to wear a ripped red flanalette shirt and an oil stained cap marketing some sort of motorcycle. I'll do my best to pick you out from the other 2 with similar attire.

Ynot and Nodrog like this.
  16. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Whatever you do don’t tell @SatayKing my wife and I both receive a small Gov’t defined benefit pension:eek:.

Greed is good, entitlement is grand
    ... Nodrog Gekko

7CABA2E3-6E45-428D-81BF-9349EAFD5058.jpeg

sharon and Zenith Chaos like this.
  17. SatayKing

One has to adhere to these requirements before being allowed in (Canexit?)

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...know-youre-from-canberra-20160316-gnjzjt.html

Anyways, we all have differing views across a range of subjects, including those involving MONEY with equitable treatment in regard to taxation being a pretty hot topic at the best of times. I'm certain it'll never be resolved to the satisfaction of all. There is a bit of Oliver Twist in each of us including me. Just how ya go about getting it. :D

Zenith Chaos likes this.
  18. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Zenith Chaos and Nodrog like this.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.