Closed Email to somersoft users ?

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by See Change, 21st Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you're doing this if you are allowed or it is practical ?

Cliff

Perp likes this.
  2. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

That'd be a nice thing to do it's it's feasible. Not everyone will log on to SS often but it's be worth letting them know before things are archived..

Perp likes this.
  3. Perp

Perp Well-Known Member

I wondered the same thing. I know that I am in real life contact with several SS buddies who rarely log on these days.

4. tess_

tess_ Well-Known Member

I haven't been on SS for a while, only saw news about the big change on FB. Almost missed hearing about it so an email would have been great.

5. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Yes, am planning on sending out an email in the next day or so.

6. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

FYI - email was sent to 26,441 Somersoft users informing them about the archiving of the site (no mention was made explicitly about PropertyChat, but the emails did link them to the announcement thread where it was explained about the migration).

3,841 of those emails bounced back as undeliverable for non-recoverable reasons (such as email address no longer valid)

1,013 emails bounced back as undeliverable for potentially recoverable reasons (such as mailbox full, server unavailable, etc)

22 of the delivered emails were marked as spam *sigh*

Overall, given that quite a few of the users on the list had joined more than 10 years ago, I think an 82% deliverability rate is surprisingly high.

We had 396 new user registrations on PropertyChat the day the email went out and a further 86 the day after.

There is still a regular trickle of new user registrations on PropertyChat where the user identifies as an ex-SS member - I expect that to continue for a while yet.