NSW Electricity supply between tenancies

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by giraffez, 8th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I am not sure what we are debating, maybe we can agree you should check into every aspect.

The 130+ disconnect fee is on a bill in NSW from Feb this year, I can tell you, from experience before and from this bill, that it can cost a pretty penny, this one with 130+ to end, would comfortably buy me a remote start generator and have about 300 to spend on some other stuff, there has been NO ONE at the premises...and I have put my name down before in NSW and I got so many fees etc to be able to do about 4 days work where lighting was reqd, that it was an absolute joke, not to mention many hrs on ph over many days to disconnect.

So, as per my original message, do not do it unless you really really must is my suggestion, and if you must, you better know all the details and fine print & have it in writing that it won't cost or exactly the fees, I could not be bothered, even if I was interstate, because the retailers play all sorts of games.

I once worked for a company doing work for another company, to sign up there was so much staff, no wait and very easy, but it was purposely made to be very difficult to get out of the system. And there is a bunch of companies that work this way is my observation over the years.

2. housechopper2

housechopper2 Well-Known Member

Just arranged for a similar situation in Vic (short term electricity for renovation in between tenants). Cost is under $20 to connect and the same again to disconnect when the renovation is complete.

3. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Yep, cheap and easy in Victoria.

4. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

That is how it should be everywhere, and in many places, there is no on and off connection, nor any need to physically attend, so it should really just be usage at a retail rate.