Sports & Fitness Electric bicycles

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Ouga, 23rd Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    I used to go around everywhere on my bicycle when I was a kid, but these days the car is more convenient, and living in Sydney I find riding a bicycle unsafe given the cars could not care less about you. We are however planning on moving out of the city in a few months time and when I came across a very cool looking electric bike, I thought it could be a nice alternative to taking the car when I am not going too far and the weather is playing along. I imagine it would be for an easier ride and one could get to their destination relatively fast regardless of hills and without being drenched in sweat.

Electric bicycles - has anyone here got one?
    What do you think?

Can anyone recommend a good forum to discuss the topic and get some recommendations?
    I have looked at a few bicycle forums but they seem to be filled with hard core lycra tour de France riders type of guys who are just saying electric bikes are not real bikes and i will NEVER buy one :D (I don't have anything against the sport, but it would be nice to discuss the subject in a grown up manner).

For those of you who are curious, here is the electric bike I came across the other day.

[​IMG]

I am sure there are plenty of options out there, so keen to hear anyone's thoughts on this.

2. robboat

robboat Well-Known Member

I ride and tour with a recumbent trike......so I am not the lycra lad....as I get older I am looking more at an electric option for my trike as well.
    My own opinion is that electric bikes are the way of the future - just need battery technology improvements.
    There are many classy rides already available with Bosch drives built into the frame and more to follow.

Plenty of information on electric bikes online.
    Here is a link to one forum about e-bikes:
    Australian Cycling Forums - Electric Bicycles

Good luck.

3. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I checked out the Aseako electric bikes a couple of years ago.
    Apparently have pretty good power on hills, something to be aware of.
    I decided I should try to be more fit, so sticking with the normal bike.

4. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@pinkboy would be the expert on this topic but I don't think that his bikes have batteries though they run like the 'Energizer bunny'.

5. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Im not posting my opinion on this thread.

I will get banned.

pinkboy

Scott No Mates and Chrispy like this.
  6. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I'm with pink boy.

Buy a bicycle, or a motorbike. Whats with the **** in-between thing?

7. THX

THX Well-Known Member

That thing looks like it would get stolen within a day, looks cool in a retro way. Aren't bikes meant to be for exercise anyway?