QLD Edens Landing is it good area

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Esma, 7th Mar, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Esma

Esma Well-Known Member

Can anyone advise if Edens Landing is flood prone area and good area to buy in as investment.

2. SMTY

SMTY Well-Known Member

Logan PD Hub
    Select
    Logan Planning Scheme>Overlays>OM5 Flood Hazard overlay

Then put in the address. Will show you flood overlays from council planning.

DavidDavid, Jaye Kershler and Esma like this.
  3. Saief

Saief New Member

By driving around this area it seems like a good area. We are trying to buy a house here as we are relocating from Melbourne to Brisbane.

Can anyone suggest any good schools in this area? From google search I found that Edens Landing state school has some bad reviews about bullying other students. Does anyone has similar experience?

Any good school for special needs students nearby? Please advise, much appreciate

4. Harveys

Harveys Well-Known Member

Hi. Edens Landing is largely on a hill so most of it is safe from flooding. There are some lower parts that I would check on flood maps though. This is good for flood protection however lots of the sloping blocks might not lend themselves to development if that is one of your goals for investing.

Edens Landing is as good as any other suburb in the area and personally I think preferable to Eagleby & Beenleigh in quality of stock and aesthetics of the suburb as OO percentage is higher. Saying that Beenleigh has the shops and a major train station while EL has small station.

I would choose a larger block in EL with an older house than the new developments behind in Holmview with small block new house.

Regarding Schools, all logan state schools will experience issues that come with being in a lower socioeconomic location. There are private school options available in Logan.

EL is positioned almost exactly in the middle of Bris & GC. However proximity to Bris is the far south end of Logan, some might view that as a negative.

I own in EL and partly bought on the basis of it looked better, in my opinion, than a lot of the surrounding suburbs.

5. DavidDavid

DavidDavid Well-Known Member

Also Loganholme is a decent suburb similar to EL. I agree with Harveys. Better an older home with bigger land. Seems lands are getting smaller and smaller on those new construction. Also materials seems quite poor and not long lasting.... Light panels instead of bricks, cheap pine wood instead of hardwood for the structure and colorbond instead of tiles for roofs. Just more cheaply made.

Last edited: 16th Jan, 2024
  6. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

any relation to Lindsay ( Lohan ) . IMHO the biggest negative about Loganholme is the Logan bit …

7. Branden

Branden Well-Known Member Business Member

Edens Landing and the adjacent suburbs (Loganholme, Bethania) are some of the nicer suburbs west of the highway in Logan IMO. Being close to the more premium suburbs on the east its likely people who were priced out of these areas have purchased in the likes of an Edens landing.

With regards to flooding, your best bet is to use the Logan PD Hub platform and search when you find a property that ticks the boxes, this area and surrounds does have parts that are flood zoned so its important to consider this when looking at a property.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia