Economics forum guidelines

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Simon Hampel, 11th Mar, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

As an anti-troll measure, we have restricted posting rights in the economics forum for members who are new to the site and have not yet contributed much in other topics.

The exact details of the threshold are subject to change - but if you find that you cannot post in the economics forum, then please continue to contribute elsewhere on the site first and you will be soon be granted access automatically.

Note that this same mechanism can be used to remove posting rights from any member we deem to be not adding value in the economics forum.

2. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Great Simon, but are you going to put these words into action?

3. Simon Hampel

If you see a problem, please report it.

Whitecat likes this.
  4. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Hi Simon, I have just reported the problem. I hope you will take time to review the situation. Actually, I first reported it 10 days ago. I have also sent you messages. If you like, I can post it here for all to see and comment on.

5. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

How many posts are made per day on PC ?
    Must be a LOT for mods to keep up with !
    Then there would be the logistics of hosting services and all the other technical stuff:oops:
    I think PC is pretty well run and moderated ;)
    I've been on other sites that have "forgotten" to pay the host subscription :eek:
    With the updates and performance changes that continue to happen here I'm quite happy :D
    Am sure the reported issues are on @Simon Hampel to do list :)
    Or he spent too much time planning for his April Fools post o_O
    Better to keep it in the PM box as long as you can :cool:
    I've lodged a complaint previously, later realising that freedom of speech likely took precedence :oops:

PS, don't pee off the mods, they have been known to suspend or cancel membership:eek:

TheRons and Simon Hampel like this.
  6. skyfall

skyfall Well-Known Member

That might be a good idea so others can see an example of what the problem is

7. Simon Hampel

upload_2020-4-1_22-42-21.png

Forum posts up 55% in March and there are a lot of scared and frustrated investors out there right now. I'm working nearly 16 hour days to keep on top of everything. Literally - starting at 6am and finishing at 11pm most days for the past couple of weeks. I generally don't stop work until I can't focus on the screen anymore - at which point I go to bed.

So I hope people can forgive me if things sometimes take a little longer to respond - I've got a huge backlog of stuff to get through in addition to all of the other work required to keep these websites and my business running.

If you have an issue, report it - there is a moderation team who assess every report and take action where required.

If it is something which requires my direct attention - PM or email me, I promise I will get to it - but it might take a little time.

8. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Thank you for the update, Simon. Just a nod to say you will get there in due course makes a big difference.
    To be fair, the mods have not responded either.

9. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

Forum activity seems to have subsided, so prices may stabilise and give those in the market buying opportunities.

TheRons likes this.