Econ. Report for Major Real Estate Grop

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by The Property Econ Guy, 12th Nov, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. The Property Econ Guy

The Property Econ Guy Member

Here's a copy of a short monthly economy & markets report that I write for one of the major national sales groups released this week.

(NOTE: I've taken out parts that are commercially sensitive so it's not the complete publication, apologies if it seems incomplete)

Mixed Messages – Industry Commentators Mixed on Housing Market

The headlines of publications have been very mixed the past fortnight, with RBA rate cut predictions by Credit Suisse & UBS declaring Australia’s property boom has ended after 55 years of uninterrupted growth.

In my opinion, a rate cut is extremely unlikely in the medium-term future, given record-low rates and most analysts predicting a rise in rates for 2018. This is due to a strong business sector both locally and globally, with Saudi Arabia being the only country in the top 48 economies of the world reducing the inter-bank rate recently.

Major Indicators (As at November 8)

- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate of 1.8% (Year on Year), 0.8% (Quarter on Quarter) which is a healthy level of growth
    - Inflation 1.9% (Below target of 2%)
    - Unemployment rate 5.6% (A value of 5% is considered “full employment”)
    - AUD/USD 0.77 (Negatively impacting Australian exporters)

Data: RBA / ABS / Trading Economics

Graph - First Home Buyer Activity On The Rise – Note this chart is 30 days old

Current FHB lending data indicates a further rise to 17.2% of total lending. Picture1.png

Big Daddy and Invest_noob like this.