QLD EBM Landlord Insurance

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Owl, 3rd Dec, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Any "experts" on insurance - landlord cover during covid crisis? ( Getting boring,I know !)

I asked my PM to apply for EBM's "RentCover Prime" policy - basically landlords insurance without rent default protection. My PM was basically "sure, can do, no worries", but applied and got rejected (....due to the agreement your agency has with us, we are unable to place RentCover Prime, we would be able to offer Householders Rental ).

Householders Rental seems to be a further watered down policy that anyone can apply for, and it is more expensive than RentCover Prime ($280).

My PM came back with the options:

- EBM Householders Rental ($335)
    - Terri Scheer ($417) -- seems they are now back in the landlord/rent default space. They were not at the time of the application to EBM.

I am leaning to the TS policy.

Any thoughts, or other approaches or options? ( This is my only property, and I don't have a pre-existing relationship with any insurer/broker.)

2. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

I spoke to EBM last week in regards to 2 x NSW policies (1 existing client and 1 new) and they were willing to offer new policies including rent default.

TS in NSW has jumped up to $519 which is exxy but the 20 weeks of rent default is better than EBM's 6 weeks.

Owl likes this.
  3. Owl

Owl Well-Known Member

Sounds like your relationship with EBM is at a higher/stronger level than my PMs. EBMs website blurb re covid was updated on 2/12/20 .... but still says "rent default" is not on the table.