eBay- 15% Off Everything!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by House, 20th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow just read the reviews on this and looks really good, last I checked online reviews on a robot vacuum they were basically rubbish.

I was vacuum shopping too, bought a Dyson V8 Absolute (in the ebay sale).

Zoolander likes this.
  2. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't really be worth it. The seller would be charged ~13% on the sale price for fees (eBay and PayPal). You would save 2% but they would lose their time listing it.

3. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Currently a 20% off tech sale happening on ebay atm.

Sackie likes this.
  4. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Anyone know if it's safe or any issues with warranty if purchasing an new iPhone from eBay? With the discount it's $999 for the 256g, or $1326 through apple.

5. Archaon

I'm going through a warranty issue via Kogan now, my experience so far has been good.
    This is an android phone though.

6. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Has it been a timely process? I had to replace my iPhone through apple and it was a day procedure, but 1 week to make a booking first.

Was told to make sure the international phones support 4g network here

7. Archaon

It will be a length process yes, not sure how Apple stores will treat phones purchased online as they are usually very imports from other countries.

Will definitely need to confirm cellular connectivity.

8. skater

skater Well-Known Member

It depends!

On that 20% off deal, it was only through selected retailers.....and the retailers had to do the discounting. On top of that, ebay charged them fees on the full amount. You had to subscribe to be one of the retailers.

I got a wheelchair for $143, including postage, sent to my mother.

Normally, however, ebay subsidise the discounts. There's often some kind of discount running each month, but not everyone gets the discounts. At the moment there's something like 5% off if you buy from an Aussie seller.
    A non-store can list up to 40 items for free every month.

9. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Great to always get cheap bargains and wish RM Williams has a sale soon. Until November, no spending for me unless it's a necessity.

10. neK

neK Well-Known Member

20% off Bing Lee on eBay
    PBING20

Archaon likes this.
  11. Archaon

Great sale.

Make sure you guys check similar products on Staticice.com.au so the sale price is actually cheaper than you can get on ebay.

Bing Lee sale actually gives you better than cost price at Bing Lee because ebay covers the 20%.

12. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Don't be so gullible!

Many times when Ebay have a large percentage off sale for a large retailer, it is the retailer funding the discount, NOT ebay. Ebay just does the marketing, so that it looks like Ebay are doing it. It makes the buyers think that Ebay are the good guys & keeps them coming back, plus it gives the discount more visibility than the standard sale that you can have on your store products.

Ebay covers the discount when it is off of all retailers, and it's usually only a small amount....Like the PINCH5 5% off that I think is still going.

Finally, Bing Lee will have a markup well in excess of 20%. In fact, any store that is making a reasonable profit will have a much greater markup than 20%.

13. Archaon

I'm sorry but no, I do my research when buying tech and buy at the best prices I can, I work hard for my money and don't splash it around when I dont have to.

I've had my eye on products and seen the best prices I can find for weeks to then have an ebay sale come along and save me a further 10 or so percent.

Tech usually only has 10% margin in them at best, as its a highly competitive market space. "Cost price" isn't the price that it costs the store to buy, it's the price attributed to the absolute minimum they can sell the product for without incurring a loss.

And if you read the whole quote you would see I said to visit www.staticeice.com.au to make sure the sale price was cheaper than you can find elsewhere.

14. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Just because you have bought an item at the cheapest price you can find does not make my comments incorrect, and the assumption that there is only a 10% margin on any product is extremely far fetched.