Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community

Eating for energy

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 21st Dec, 2015.

1. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Didnt know whether to post this in the living room thread ..but settled on the Sports/health one.
    Lately I have been reading up on foods that promote energy particularly breakfast.

Reading up on the Enterpreuners routines i noticed several of them say they ate protein for breakfast. .that being Salmon and egg or avocado.
    Apparently protein promotes energy thru the morning.
    I dont know really if i could stomach eating salmon first thing in the morning though.

Usually i dont even eat breakfast which now i have forced myself to.

I have found eating bananas give me energy thru the morning along with a few cups of coffee.
    They say eating a lot of fruit is bad for you because of the sugar. .but im eating fruit with every meal now.

Im making sure im eating broccoli at least 4 times a week...tried it raw the other day with lunch..wasnt the best taste though..but its a "superfood".
    Sticking to this diet the last few weeks i must say i have been feeling more energised.
    I havent tried the small 6 or 8 meals a day program.
    My goal is to have more energy during the day ..
    If your working long hours up at 5am then you need a good diet..

Does anyone here eat the superfoods everyday?
    I have read about the popularity of protein drinks ..then some say you dont need these..too much protein?
    There was a guy at my work always drinking these protein drinks..but i didnt see he had any different energy to the rest of us.

I have drinking water a lot during the day also gives me energy..carrying the small bottles around drinking up to 3 litres a day.

Last edited by a moderator: 21st Dec, 2015
  2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Just keep things simple.

Eat reasonably healthy and exercise regularly.

Subscribing to particular diets and exercise regimes can set you up for disappointment (not to say it doesn't work well for some - but for a lot of people it can just be a fad).

Cheers

Jamie

Redom and MTR like this.
  3. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

The majority of my kilojoules come from fats, a smaller proportion protein, and hardly and from carbs.

When I began eating high fat (for health, not weight reasons), I stopped getting hungry and began to lose weight (not my intention) so I have to eat more than I feel like to maintain my weight.

I usually start the day with a fatty, protein-heavy breakfast.

In terms of energy levels, this sums things up pretty well:

[​IMG]

4. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

5. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member Premium Member

What does Moshe say?

DaveM and bob shovel like this.
  6. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Is there a new Atkins diet out now? Ead energising Atkins diet?

7. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Is that like the see-food diet,where once you see it you just eat it,.

Bran likes this.
  8. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

About 12,00 kilojoules in the form of meat, eggs, nuts, greens and quite a lot of oils.

Salmon, chicken, avocado, broccoli, almonds, macadamias, broccoli, green beans, baby spinach, olive oil, coconut oil all getting a good run at the moment.

Doncossack likes this.
  9. Jkat

Jkat Well-Known Member

My understanding: protein helps keep you full so that you don't feel the need to snack throughout the day. Protein also releases energy throughout the day. Lot's of fruit can be bad for you because of the sugar, but it is better for you than lollies, biscuits and cakes. If you need a sweet pick me up in the afternoon you are much better off with a piece of fruit!

In summer, I struggle with 'breakfast' what I tend to do is have soy milk smoothies (soy milk and a variety of berries, fruits). The soy milk is high in protein and keeps me full to my morning snack and it is lighter than a regular breakfast.

In winter I tend to have bagels with avocado, paprika and smoked salmon. I find this delicious.

10. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

Sigh.... unfortunately, I've already eaten all the energy I'll need for a while now.... as a result I'm storing it as fat :/

11. Dwalsh

Dwalsh Well-Known Member

Start tracking your macros, I do this for body building, it is good to get your weight down plus increase you metabolism. Try taking 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight, also 30 g of fibre a day,

12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member Premium Member

Like the title - eating for energy, can I say I am eating for love... love of pizza, love of pasta, love of chocolate, love of prawn cocktails, love of gnocci..... mmmmmm..... I know there is more let me think:)

Bran, Angel and Propagate like this.
  13. charpj

charpj Well-Known Member

Bread - but that's probably the issue :p

MTR likes this.
  14. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I cant stomach eating first thing in the morning but I force myself to eat a rich low sugar breakfast before going to work. My favourite would be red meat with tomato but that only happens about once a month. More often it's moderately evil gluten free pancakes with no toppings, or porridge - and I have to have sugar on it - or multi grain toast with avocado and lemon juice. I'd rather starve than eat white bread or packaged cereals. On the rare occasions that I eat "breakfast cereal", I start shaking and feel light-headed and nauseous two hours later.

Perthguy and MTR like this.