Easy and healthy meal options

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Big A, 16th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Since we can’t hijack other people’s thread with unrelated topics :rolleyes: I guess I will continue my post about the healthy breakfast option here.

@Terry_w since you enjoyed this breakfast option I figured I will share a few more tips about it. Not sure exactly what mix you used but I put 200ml full cream milk and then add another 200ml of water. You can increase or decrease the amount of liquid depending on how thick you want the shake and also how much other ingredients you add. When I first started I use to throw in 8 weetbix. The weetbix give it a much thicker texture as the oats tend to quickly fall to the bottom. But since oats are better for you than wheat I switched to a cup of oats and I just add 1 weetbix to give it extra thickness. Don’t forget to add the banana.

If you are looking for a good flavoured protein powder option I use a salted caramel flavour from an online wholesale mob called Bulk nutrients. You can get the high quality protein which is the WPI for around $25 a kilo. This is like half the price of what you pay for the branded stuff at supplement stores.

In the earlier years when I was bulking in the hopes of being the next Mr Universe :p I would add things like egg whites and peanut butter. If you don’t mind the extra calories peanut butter makes it taste even better.

Enjoy. :)

Momentum, Gen-Y, Nodrog and 4 others like this.
  2. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member

My BN's powder has been expired late last month :(

I haven't been training either !

Big A likes this.
  3. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Not much you can do about the training with the gyms shut. That’s the most annoying part of this lockdown for me. Don’t mind any of the other restrictions just let me in the gym.

I use 1 scoop of protein every morning for breakfast. I use to have a scoop straight after training but have cut that back to just occasionally as I have been struggling to stay lean as I get older.

I order my protein in 10kg lots. Get a bigger discount and I always go through it.

Never giveup and Gen-Y like this.
  4. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Diabetics hate you.;)

The Y-man and Big A like this.
  5. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Is that shake no good for diabetics? Is it the carbs in general such as oats and the banana?

SatayKing likes this.
  6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

No worries - just replace weetbix/oats with bacon or ham (macon if you don't do pork) and banana with an avo :eek::eek::D:D:D:D (don't blame me for the taste)

The Y-man

Big A and SatayKing like this.
  7. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

hmmmm - suspect the two glazed donuts I just ate for lunch are "off topic"

Big A likes this.
  8. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

Does this work with beer?

Never giveup and Big A like this.
  9. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Found my place. :eek:
    I am on a strict diet.
    It is "SEE FOOD" diet.
    I swear by it as I have been doing it all my life.

I do use bulk nutrients website for my protein powder.
    Earth protein - vegan version as it is best for my stomach. :D

Big A likes this.
  10. SatayKing

It depends on the individual. Fruits such as bananas, especially overripe ones, melon are generally a no go area. Carbs OK but only small amount and GI is better. Proteins good.

There is debate around some of the guidelines put out. Some authorities say dried fruits are OK but if I have them it's sleepy time for me.

Now for a totally unhealthy recipe.

Sliced Chirozo pan fried, mix in diced chicken breasts and french (onion) shallots. When cooked mix in sun-dried tomato pesto and evaporated milk (cream if you wish). Mix all together with pasta such as bow-ties. Grate pecorino over the top before serving. Chomp away.

The Y-man and Big A like this.
  11. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Easy yes. Healthy no. You had 2 for lunch. Super jealous.
    My next meal is an hour away and it’s another round of satay chicken and brown rice.

Sure. Is it low carb beer? :D

This lock down isn’t helping. Sitting around bored and just want to eat. Waiting for this treadmill I ordered to arrive so I can increase my steps per day.

12. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Man , all this talk of food is making me hungry.
    Actually the wife makes a mean chorizo, cheese , baby spinach and egg white omelette. Yum.

I tried the low carb high fat thing for a while. Breakfast was 120g lean beef patty, 1 fried egg and half and avo. Main meals were 150g chicken breast with 1 boiled egg and half an avo. I was also throwing in handfuls of macadamia nuts for the extra fats.

Not a bad idea to mix it up every now and then but couldn’t do it all year round.

13. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Refrigerate cooked past for at least 8 hours.

The Y-man

14. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Big A how do you cook the Satay chicken?

ChrisP73, SatayKing and Big A like this.
  15. SatayKing

SK searches for the "ignore" button.

16. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

So my local butcher dices up chicken breast for me into small bite size pieces and adds a satay flavour spice mix into the bag. I put them in a glass cooking tray and bake them for 30min. I do give a light spray of oil on the bottom of the glass tray to stop it sticking. I grab 2kg every few days or so. After cooking I split them into containers of 150gram lots and that meal prep for the next few days.

They do have other flavours. But being a spice marinade I found the satay flavour was the only one that worked really well and held the flavour. Liquid marinades tend to be full of sugars and fats.

Terry_w likes this.
  17. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

No, just the opposite. Good for hard gainers looking to bulk up. The wife's latest home brew is White Russian Coffee Cream Ale. 8%, with White Creme de Cacao and fresh ground coffee used in the brewing process. A craft beer version of the White Russian cocktail. Should be part of every serious bodybuilder's of season diet:cool:.

Lizzie and Big A like this.
  18. Nodrog

Nodrog Well-Known Member

lol:D

19. SatayKing

This would be good for a cold, wet, windy day. Health benefit is -10.

upload_2021-7-16_14-57-10.png

Nodrog likes this.
  20. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

It sounds good. But I won’t pretend I know the first thing about beer or alcohol in general. I don’t drink. Like ever. I have only ever consumed alcohol in any volume over a taste just 4 times ever.