Easement on this Bris property

Discussion in 'What to buy' started by A.M.W, 12th May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Oh yes... we don't typically do that in my part of Sydney. We usually level the land (very expensive with digging and putting in retaining walls) and/or build a house that goes with the slope (spilt level).
    Stumps are better. It just doesn't seem to be an "in" thing in Sydney.

A.M.W likes this.
  2. A.M.W

A.M.W Well-Known Member

Thanks bob shovel
    I never requested "plan with depth" in DBYD. I will definitely check this out.
    From the picture (from RE website) the slop gets deeper towards the sewer manholes. It is not easy to see how deep from the picture. I should be able to find out after the inspection. Thanks again.
    Thanks Inov8ive for clarifying this. It makes sense now.

3. A.M.W

A.M.W Well-Known Member

Yep. It makes sense now.
    Cheers dabbler

4. A.M.W

A.M.W Well-Known Member

cheers angel
    I know my previous landlord hired a photographer who shot the unit with wide lens when the unit was already big. Must be a trend in that industry.

Manholes that needs to be fenced off won't be attractive at all. I should be able to figure out if the two manholes fall into that category by end of the day. Fingers cross.

5. A.M.W

A.M.W Well-Known Member

Thanks Gockie
    100% Agree. I know building up vertically or on a slop cost phenomenal amount. Wonder if it would cist less if the building if prefab. Cheers

6. Tranquilo

Tranquilo Well-Known Member

Hi @A.M.W
    How did you go, did you have a look at the property?

A.M.W likes this.
  7. A.M.W

A.M.W Well-Known Member

Cheers RetireRich101
    Thanks for Your insight.
    You are right they are very close to the fence probably less than a meter. Whitecat went to the inspection on my behalf and took the pictures of the backyard. It has a slight slop but half of the backyard is nearly flat.
    When syd price was going up really fast you could see the growing amount of ads for granny flat companies. Interesting to see if that might happen in Bris.

8. A.M.W

A.M.W Well-Known Member

Hey Tranquilo. I used Whitecat's service instead. Impressive amount of pics Whitecat took for me. The house seems to be in a good condition. The presence of the manholes were barely noticeable actually. Downstair is spacious but just good enough for storage space or place for a ping pong table.

Tranquilo likes this.
  9. A.M.W

A.M.W Well-Known Member

Hi Gockie
    Agree. My parents have a house in Pennant Hills with slop garden which looks nice from balcony but I thought what a waste of land. I don't know why builders in syd don't consider stumps as an alternative to the current practice.

10. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Builders or home owners... I think it's a chicken and egg issue.

A.M.W likes this.
  11. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I cant see granny flats being popular in Brisbane. We dont have the population to demand them. In Sydney a gf can cost $300 a week to rent - you can get a full-sized unit for that here with lots more privacy/personal space.

A.M.W likes this.
  12. A.M.W

A.M.W Well-Known Member

Very true Angel
    This is also case in syd. I remember myself looking for a granny flat to rent when my daughter was born but ended up spending another $120/wk more to get a proper 2br unit instead.