Easement land with potential developement opportunity

Discussion in 'Development' started by Declan1212, 24th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Declan1212

Declan1212 Well-Known Member

Hi,

If there is easement underneath the house, will developer consider to buy and develop?

There is a R4 zoning house for sale but there is a sewer pipe along its land cornor and extending to neighbour's land in the middle.

If my neighbour and I sell our houses together, will developer consider? How the easement can affect developing the land?

2. ParraEels

ParraEels Well-Known Member

Sydney water's permission is required. You may be able to do encasing which adds cost to development and therefore it will reflect on the price of land. It will also add headache for the developer and increase DA time which will also cost him more money due to holding cost. You and your neighbour may lodge the DA to Council get approval and then sell it to the developer. You may be in a better position that way. Otherwise, you have to accept whatever excuse they are giving you

Tyla likes this.
  3. momentum26

momentum26 Well-Known Member

Which state is your property in?

4. Declan1212

Declan1212 Well-Known Member

Sydney

5. jsoe000

jsoe000 Well-Known Member

Something like this? It's the sewer line cutting through on a potential 3 dwelling site. I guess it won't fit 3 dwelling if we have to avoid the sewer pipe on a site like this, right? Anyone done miracles around such site? upload_2021-7-31_20-56-33.png

Tyla likes this.
  6. Tyla

Tyla Well-Known Member

What site do you use for this?

7. ParraEels

Why would you build 3 dwellings in R4 site? R4 means high density (RFB site).

Scott No Mates likes this.
  8. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Because they have no idea of how to maximise the development potential of the block.

9. jsoe000

Guys, it's a sample pic for my question. Not R4, not in Sydney. It's in Brisbane.
    So a sewer like this will limit development options, or will it not? That's what I'm trying to clarify. Has anyone built over sewer main like this (by encasing or something)? Yes I'm a rookie, doesn't make me an idiot by asking rookie questions.

10. jsoe000

It's in the contract from the agent. In Queensland, they have something called Develo Report attached to contracts alongside From 8 and other docs.

Tyla likes this.
  11. Tyla

Tyla Well-Known Member

Thanks @jsoe000

12. ParraEels

Every development is required to leave rear setback. You don't even require to build on an easement as sewer pipe will be within rear setback. You can build over easement but you need to discuss with an engineer as he needs to calculate the zone of influence and you need to have arch plan for him to calculate.

13. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Where is the sewer line? If its running across the back there, that's likely well located for what you're seeking to do as its away from the build structure.

Also I don't generally believe R4 is necessarily higher land values in all cases - despite higher yields. Across Sydney's west atm, R3 sites are trading higher than R4 in many pockets. Demand for units is lower atm, developers aren't chasing this type of stock as much given the market and unit price growth has been low. Price growth of townies have increased relatively, adjusting feasibilities. Liverpool council are adjusting (or are doing) Moorebank pockets down from R4 to R3, and the justification is feasibility. Its simply more feasible/simple to utilise the code now, which R3 allows for and R4 does not.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia