Easement (help with reading of it on a map) and development of town houses

Discussion in 'Development' started by Muscat, 12th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

I need some assistance in understanding about a easement on a lot. Details of the easement are provided in the attached image. I am interested to know how much land it impacts i.e can't be built upon unless approval is sought.

Screenshot-20210712-114721-2

Also interested in your thoughts, if the zoning permits, whether three three bedroom townhouse can fit on the lot without significant issues (662sq MTR) (I am aware that this will depend on few different things but interested to find out about it given the lot's irregular shape.)

Thanks

Last edited: 12th Jul, 2021
  2. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

Difficult to tell without more information, but it looks like a drainage/stormwater easement. Contact the Council and find out what is in the easement. Usually can't be built over - except for non-habitable structures eg garage, but you will also need a build over consent (not always given)
    As for townhouses - the zoning is an essential element to determine whether or not it can be done, as well as setbacks to adjacent houses. Can't tell from the title /easement plan only

bmc and Muscat like this.
  3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Definitely requires more info on the easements & setbacks however input from a designer to avoid building on these areas or to minimise the impact at a reasonable cost would determine whether a project would be viable.

bmc and Muscat like this.
  4. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Thanks for providing your views, guys.

5. bmc

bmc Well-Known Member

D (drainage) E (easement) 2.44 wide ? is my guess and probably a 300mm pipe at least.

can you get a copy of the Deposited Plan and / or the document that created the easement.

this will give you more details like who benefits etc.

Muscat likes this.