Easement - front half slope towards street and back half slope away from street

Discussion in 'Development' started by Har, 7th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Har

Har Member

Hi Guys

I am considering to buy a property and build duplex. The block's front half is slightly sloping towards the street and back half away from the street. Would I need to worry about drain and stormwater easement issues ?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Depends upon where you site the building.

Har likes this.
  3. Har

Har Member

Like this, utilizing back half of the front n front half of the back. Hopefully the words are not that confusing ?

Attached Files:

4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

You'd need to have someone look at it who can answer your question in relation to the particular block, and the plan for the block, where the services are, etc.

Har likes this.
  5. Tufan Chakir

Tufan Chakir Well-Known Member

As wylie says - it depends where the services are. Take a look at the Title for any easements as well

Har likes this.
  6. Sackie

Sackie Well-known cafe bum of the East Premium Member

I personally would never buy a site without a town planner's thorough input and recommendations. You make a mistake with services, and your development costs will skyrocket, if it even gets built at all. Not to mention overlays, etc TP will be up-to-date with and know how it'll impact your site.

The 4 most cost effective words you'll ever hear are...

Get local expert advice.

Last edited: 8th Dec, 2019
  7. Har

Har Member

Thanks a lot guys, I now know where to head. Also I complied a list of inclusions I am planning and came up with a approx cost all by google research. Do you think these are reasonable ? Costs1.jpg

8. Sackie

Are you tendering it out to builders to quote turn key? I wouldn't bother to break it up like that, just look at a comparable you like, make a list of inclusions, specs you want and supply that together with your tender so the builder can quote on it. Then see where price come back and add/minus/change as you like for repricing.

Har likes this.
  9. Har

Har Member

I am trying to build a base home from builder and then add these inclusions myself from other individual vendours. I will approach builder ( Rawson) and see what price he quotes me for these inclusions, if the diff is not much I will probably get it to include for me and if there is a material diff then I might as well get it done from others. To start with I just wanted to see if these prices are reasanable enough.

10. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'd think you are making things too tricky. I cannot imagine a builder would agree that you do most of the things on that list. And as @Westminster has said on a similar thread showing your list, if something goes wrong, the builder will likely wipe his hands of any issues, if he hasn't done the work.

I'd pay extra and have one person do it all (maybe do the landscaping and curtains yourself if you want to). That way, any problems, you call the builder and he sorts it out.

Westminster and Har like this.
  11. Sackie

The way your intending to do it leaves so many extra holes for disasters to occur.

Tufan Chakir likes this.
  12. Har

Har Member

Thanks a lot guys, I think I will go with the builder for major items. Your views were really helpful in getting a perspective, sorted now.

Cheers

13. Har

Har Member

Guys quick one and might loom very silly but I think I will need OSD costing around 50k to solve stormwater on my duplex development. The question here is will I need to have two OSDs for two units of duplex and potential 100k extra cost. Appologies for my ignorance.

14. Sackie

If you require OSDs, both dwellings will need one. Its best you consult with the hydraulic engineer for what is needed.

Har likes this.

PFA Property Expo is designed in a way that visitors can gather maximum real estate knowledge with added benefits. Different speakers will be presenting on different topics as where to buy, when to buy in this market...