Easement and development

Discussion in 'Development' started by geeza, 24th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. geeza

geeza Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I’ve read as many threads as I could find by searching ‘easement’. I’m looking into a property which has an easement through the middle of the block, running from back to the front. I understand this not a good thing and may cause issues if reselling.

Just enquiring about this property an investment, I’m sure the easement will affect development in a big way. Just after any advice with regards to building. I’m guessing wouldn’t be able to demolish and built 2 properties due to the position of the easement?
    I have blocked out confidential info from title search and plans to not breach confidentiality.

Attached Files:

2. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

I very much doubt you would be able to build over the easement, you also have zones of influence to account for also.

are you looking to purchase this property to knockdown and build two?

geeza likes this.
  3. geeza

geeza Well-Known Member

hi, just looking to purchase for now as an investment. Possible knock down and development through granny/build a duplex etc. pretty sure neither would be possible since the easement is through the middle :(

4. Archaon

Archaon Well-Known Member

Unsure of dimensions, maybe jump on sixmaps or planningnsw portal and measure up the area available in the back corner past the easement.

You could fit a GF in maybe.

5. geeza

geeza Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice :)

Archaon likes this.