Early Start - Investment Goals for 2018

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by MTR, 10th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

As a rule of thumb 2-3% for 800k suburb...and 4-5% for lower socio suburbs.

I am still getting over 5% for 2 of my purchases and about 4.7% on the other...not neccesarily lower socio.

2. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

As I type this from Amsterdam Schipol airport prior to boarding a flight to Arlanda Airport, my goals for 2018 are as follows :

1. Being able to quit my job confidently and take some risk in life by launching my own business with my friend with a view to break-even and generate a tiny bit of profit in 2018. (Biz is in Grocery Aggregation for the retail market if anyone would like to chat about it they can PM me)

2. Booked tickets to LA in October. To be able to go and enjoy that by renting a Mustang or even more superior vehicle and driving from LA to San Fran

3. Link up with some VCs or Angel Investors in San Fran

Stretch Goal :

1. To get a promotion in my day job if I do not quit it in 2018.

2. To buy my 3rd property and pay down 10% of my existing loans (or have the cash available in Offset to do so)

3. To double my exposure in Shares & Cryptocurrencies equally.

ellejay, Tifoso and MTR like this.
  3. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

Some great ones here! I love these posts.

1. Complete construction of our new home. March-April hopefully, in time for my 38th.
    2. Large housewarming / birthday party at said home.
    3. Continue to learn and grow as a husband and father of 1, hopefully 2 later in the year.
    4. Develop and cash out 2 small dev sites, and purchase an additional 2 to be developed and cashed out during FY19.
    5. Commence 5 pack development in BCC, to be completed and cashed out in FY19. Settle on this site tomorrow. Exciting!
    6. Continue to work towards stepping away from gainful employment at 40.
    7. Continue on health goal, hit and stay at 85-90kg. I'm at 98 now after chrissy. Down around 20kg so far. Lots of veggies!

Good luck everyone!

4. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Researching more into granny flat constructions to commence a build in the later part of 2018 to increase my cashflow and aiming to have all mortgage payments and associated expenses with my IPs paid for by the rental incomes received.

Been increasing my share investing and keen to add to my current holdings for the long haul.

Commenced renovations and updating some of the tried IPs to modernise it and appeal to future tenants.

Professionally, keen to change my current employment for a new challenge and a higher paying role.

Tifoso likes this.
  5. mues

mues Well-Known Member

Prep for dream home purchase at some point by saving 100k.

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Just bedded 3 property purchases in Atlanta that will net me $30,000 pa.

My next buy is now to focus on duplex properties in Atlanta but they are as scarce as hens teeth, though I do have a contact. Trying to source this prior to hitting the market.

I will post my next deal, just getting harder to make the numbers work as prices keep rising... good and bad.. damn

Am also watching closely Perth market hoping developing property will soon make sense.

MTR:)

Air_Bender likes this.
  7. virgo

virgo Well-Known Member

Personal Goal

- support youngest child through last 2 years of high school in order to achieve the best of what he can be...socially and academically...

Financial Goal

- hit passive income of $150K

There ! short and sweet...will come back to review Jan 2019.

icic likes this.
  8. Air_Bender

Air_Bender Well-Known Member

You're on Fire!

MTR likes this.
  9. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

It can be a little bit daunting posting in a thread like this when many people on here are way further on their investment journey than I am.
    My goal for this year though: Keep cash buffer steady after switching majority of loans to P&I. Doesn't sound very ambitious, but with my wife now not working and looking after a toddler at home, I'd be quite happy with it.

Another one is to buy the property next to one of mine in Woy Woy, if it ever comes onto the market so I can start looking at building townhouses. But as I've got no input into whether it's listed or not, it's not really something I can call a goal.

EN710 likes this.
  10. icic

icic Well-Known Member

Nice! I happy if I can get mine neutral geared! but then my retirement goal is 10 years away so there's hope.