Early price drop.

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Dylan33, 14th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Dylan33

Dylan33 Well-Known Member

My PPR has been on the market for the last month. Ive only had 2 enquires so far out of 1100 visits on RE.COM and 300 odd on gumtree. I've been told by the agent to maybe revise the asking price. Taking into consideration the time of year ie Christmas holidays also heavy rain for a week which caused some flooding in the area also the kids are still on holiday etc. I'm of the thinking its a bit early to drop the price? What are your thoughts?

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

• What feedback has been received from the OFIs?
    • How many of the views have resulted in inspections?
    • A 0.2% enquiry rate sounds low and can't be blamed solely on the time of year

3. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

1100 visits and 2 nibbles. Something is wrong with your bait imo.

legallyblonde and Perthguy like this.
  4. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Where's your property? What's the advice of your agent? Are there any comments such as price, locations etc? Tell us more and the experienced agents may be able to help you.

5. WestOz

WestOz Well-Known Member

You don't mention when you put it on (how long its been on), or did you actually list it mid Dec?

Unless your desperate perhaps pull it for a few weeks, wait until punters pay their xmas credit card debts etc, revamp it back on the market early March

Last edited: 14th Jan, 2016
    larrylarry likes this.
  6. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Post the ad and get some feedback

7. Big Will

Big Will Well-Known Member

what are comparable properties going for, how many were sold during your period you listed. If people are buying it means they are seeing better value in the other properties than yours so it would relate to your price.

As @Chilliblue said post the ad (or PM me or someone else) and you will get better feedback more targeted to your current situation.

Chilliblue and larrylarry like this.
  8. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I don't think 1100 people have specifically "viewed" your property. If that was the case, I'd have 1600 viewing mine which is in a very undesirable location. That statistic is more likely the number of people viewing the list of ads on their website with maybe a couple of hundred actually clicking onto your house and viewing it in more detail.