Early offer while the house is under cosmetic renovation

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by 1-Brissy, 15th May, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 1-Brissy

1-Brissy Member

Hi brain trust,

One of real estate agents contacted me for a house that will be on the market in the next 3 weeks as it is under cosmetic renovation and tenants are at a hotel. It is positive gear property with dual dwellings. The main dwelling is fibro

Should I submit early offer at this stage or should I wait till the renovation done?

Before submitting early offer, should I ask for
    • floor plan
    • renovation plan
    • tenant contract
    • granny flat approval
    • pest and building inspection

Or is there anything else I need to take into account

Thank so much for your input
    Cheers

2. Russell Peter

Russell Peter Active Member

We find that for nearly all our properties that we sell, the buyer who’s willing to pay the most usually comes in by the second open home, so if goal is to maximise sale price then there’s big advantages to not rushing through the sale of a property and to spend the time to do a 3 week campaign. Given your situation as a buyer, I’d go for it, see if you can get selling agent to sell before even first open, you’ll be minimising your competition. It’s a shame for the seller but you might as well make the most of it!

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia